Celestial Nighthawk Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timelesshadow

So I'm building the Celestial Nighthawk, and this is also my first pepakura build. I've got the paper mold built, but I don't really know what to do from here. If anyome has any suggestions on what to do next, I'd appreciate it. Thanks! 20190525_193802.jpg

Attachments

• 20190525_193811.jpg
    20190525_193811.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 393
  • 20190525_193824.jpg
    20190525_193824.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 411
There are a ton of tutorials out there, but different you'll want to cover the paper skeleton with fiberglass resin inside and out, then fiberglass the inside, then use bondo body filler on the outside to fill in the gaps and make it round, not polygonal, and sand away until your eyes bleed.

There ya go.

If you use fiberglass resin make sure you get a respirator.
Fumes are nasty and lungs are important. Not a paper/cloth dust mask but one of those funny-looking things that look like a gasmask. I just asked the folks at my local hardwarestore and I got a real nice one for $35.
Plus you can do awesome Darth Vader impressions.

Using fiberglass mesh/matting (or "cat gut", as my father likes to call it) is optional for the inside, but make sure there are no pointy bits otherwise you'll have a bad time, especially in a helmet.

Before you harden it, I would add some supports as it looks like your helmet is somewhat flimsy and may not be perfectly semetrical/round. Take some cardboard and cut it into some shapes that will hold the paper into place, and you can remove them as you resin. Looks great, ca t wait to see this bird fly!

There are a ton of tutorials out there, but different you'll want to cover the paper skeleton with fiberglass resin inside and out, then fiberglass the inside, then use bondo body filler on the outside to fill in the gaps and make it round, not polygonal, and sand away until your eyes bleed.

There ya go.

Thank you! Any chance you could send me a link to one of those tutorials?

So I'm building the Celestial Nighthawk, and this is also my first pepakura build. I've got the paper mold built, but I don't really know what to do from here. If anyome has any suggestions on what to do next, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!View attachment 270275

Mind sharing where you found the pepakura files for the Nighthawk? been looking myself recently for a project but couldn't seem to find any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back