CF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOKI

Hey all,

I am planning on making a suit out of Carbon Fiber. I dont plan on painting it just covering it with clear coat or sealer so you can see the CF pattern under it Ive always thought CF looks pretty sweet without any paint. The question I have is are there any members of the 405th in El Paso or Las Cruces? I would greatly appreciate it if I could have the help of a member on the forum in person. If you know of anyone or live near please shoot me a PM thanks

-Loki

u killed sif :(

anyways...

im not very familiar with CF, but isn't carbon fiber not breathable and is heavier then fiberglass?

o_O

im sorry if im not much help.

Rocknrollcows said:
u killed sif :(

anyways...

im not very familiar with CF, but isn't carbon fiber not breathable and is heavier then fiberglass?

o_O

im sorry if im not much help.

it wasnt much hel plol but loki ive used carbon fiber for a bunch of things and it is very hard and very expensive but it works great i made a paintball mask out of it and the paintballs just bounce off because in between layers i put a coat of rubber

Last edited by a moderator:
i've work with CF before (on a limited basis). it is more technical than FG. With CF, your best bet would be to made modes. ((aka like Sean Brad. did (his helm has 3 molds(?))). molds would be alot of work though but unless you have the time ((&$$$$$) go for it.
CF requires (most CF) you to vacum it in a mold just press out air.
how to use CF with pep.?????????????
put it on the inside. sand it down thill you have nothing but CF, clean, and seal?
you could make a pep, cut it into 3-4 parts, use the pep to make molds, and glue it back together

CF
Carbon fiber reinforced plastic or (CFRP or CRP), is a strong, light and very expensive composite material or fiber reinforced plastic. Similar to glass-reinforced plastic, which is sometimes simply called fiberglass, the composite material is commonly referred to by the name of its reinforcing fibers (carbon fiber), an example of part-for-whole metonymy. The plastic is most often epoxy, but other plastics, such as polyester, vinylester or nylon, are also sometimes used. Some composites contain both carbon fiber and fiberglass reinforcement. Less commonly, the term graphite-reinforced plastic is also used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back