Chainsaw Ninja's first build halo reach armor w/ an ma5c assault rifle!!! wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!!!! I'm finally posting my first thread for my very first attempt at a halo reach helmet! (crowds cheer in excitement) lol im gunna post my progress tonight and while im building feel free to give criticisms :) the pep file I got was from Brandon McClain enjoy.
DSCN4408_zpsa3008bcf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
oh wonderful progress
DSCN4410_zps64fd9959.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN4413_zpsfe33ae36.jpg
DSCN4417_zps8bc0273f.jpg
DSCN4409_zps2a75abe3.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• DSCN4413_zpsfe33ae36.jpg
    DSCN4413_zpsfe33ae36.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 287
  • DSCN4417_zps8bc0273f.jpg
    DSCN4417_zps8bc0273f.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 270
Okay ladies and gents today I will be finishing up the resining and put in the fiberglass mat latrr. I plan on putting Romeo inside also wish me luck!

Yeah it does i advise you go with less tho, it took nearly two weeks to pep with school in the way. I used an option that u could use to add more fold lines, it also makes the paper a little more flimsy when resining .
Update: i put in the fiberglass mat and will be cleaning it up for rondo tonight

So I put in the fiberglass mat and sum rondo so I'll post pics later, right now I known I'm gonna need to Bondo it a fair amount to get it right :/ oh well shouldn't expect it to be perfect the first time

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
DSCN4435_zps96144980.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSCN4425_zps75778dd5.jpg
i had to cut out the insides of the ears because they kept me from putting it on and also ventalation so it worked out! ^-^ the pep started out a few inches big because ik it would probably need it.
DSCN4437_zps7e2e70bf.jpg
DSCN4436_zpsf8a08f6c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
so here's my progress peoples! ik the rondoing is a lil rough, but im gunna be doing some sanding in it. also i put a coat of primer on! now i can see all of those evil details that i have to fix and bondo DX

Attachments

• DSCN4425_zps75778dd5.jpg
    DSCN4425_zps75778dd5.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN4437_zps7e2e70bf.jpg
    DSCN4437_zps7e2e70bf.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 317
Its looking pretty good. Does the primer on the helmet help with seeing the imperfections better? I haven't tried it yet

To me. Yes I saw A LOT more imperfections in the helmet when i put on the primer. Whether or not it'll make it more difficult to sand it I'll find out later :p

does that tan color make them show up better than dark? ive been using purple, but all the dents seem to multiply everytime i rehit it with bondo or spot putty lol will you run into problems with the glass mat when you go to sand or will the orbital just eat through it? ive been doing mine with just a dremel and sandpaper til i find a good deal on a palm sander

I'm not entirely sure about the color whether it shows more or not, i just went with some primer spray paint left over from painting my pb gun camo. :p

In my projects (I build guns, not armor so take my advice with a grain of salt) I notice the little imperfections a LOT more once I primer my projects with a light-medium gray spray-primer. Usually, that's when I go back over, fix some stuff, sand things down, then re-primer and paint.

It's looking good, ninja! I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors :)

Thank you I have some progress pics of where I sanded down the sharp unnecessary angles and cleaned it up I'll post pics of that when I can. I just got done with bondoing the top front a lil, but the Bondo's consistency was a bit odd because it was creamy at first then it got lumpish when I was finishing. I was using small amounts at a time, do you suppose it's too much cream hardener? Anyways I think if I keep up the pace I'll have it ready to paint next week but I'll still need a visor first probably gonna order it soon anyone have suggestions for my helm?

Edit: how would I make the pics smaller or adjust them idk if it's bothering y'all but do tell me if it is :p

does that tan color make them show up better than dark? ive been using purple, but all the dents seem to multiply everytime i rehit it with bondo or spot putty lol will you run into problems with the glass mat when you go to sand or will the orbital just eat through it? ive been doing mine with just a dremel and sandpaper til i find a good deal on a palm sander

If your not hitting your pepakura u dont really need to add more bondo... also paint it a light color like tan/white then just dust it with black. Then sand it and all the spots with black are your low spots. Sand them down and if u hit pep before they are gone then add more filler

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry guys i was out of town this weekend and had little progress. The only thing i could do was get supplies and sand some bondo when i got home, so without further ado i give you all pictures!

DSCN4449_zps7cd1ad05.jpg
DSCN4445_zpscb047b9b.jpg
DSCN4450_zps025000f8.jpg
DSCN4441_zps5145af8c.jpg
as usual any comments or criticisms are welcome :)
P.S. i didn't take pics of the bondo i may post some tomorrow.

Attachments

• DSCN4441_zps5145af8c.jpg
    DSCN4441_zps5145af8c.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 288
  • DSCN4450_zps025000f8.jpg
    DSCN4450_zps025000f8.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 299
  • DSCN4445_zpscb047b9b.jpg
    DSCN4445_zpscb047b9b.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 290
  • DSCN4449_zps7cd1ad05.jpg
    DSCN4449_zps7cd1ad05.jpg