Chainsaw Ninja's first build halo reach armor w/ an ma5c assault rifle!!! wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a comin.... I'm gonna sand tomorrow and hit it with paint!!!! :D there should be some pic, but idk with how my internet is running at the moment. Took forever just to get that bracer up there :p sorry to keep ya waitin

It's a comin.... I'm gonna sand tomorrow and hit it with paint!!!! :D there should be some pic, but idk with how my internet is running at the moment. Took forever just to get that bracer up there :p sorry to keep ya waitin

Its all good I know all to well the sarrows of a P.I.C. (poor Internet connection) all to well. Definitely would like to see them tho. Ps I will also be finished with my sons helmet tomarrow I will have pics up tomorrow night.

In terms of length, size seems okay. Just seems a little bit wide, so just take out a few of those long sections on the side, and re-connect it, and you should have something more accurate, without having to rebuild it.

I echo this guy's sentiment. You should be able to resize it with minimal cutting and glueing, and all your work wouldn't be wasted. That's what I'd do anyway.

UPDATE TIME!!!!!!!!!! :D

sorry about keepin all of my eager fans waiting but my helmet is complete!(except for blackwash and battle damage :p) and i wanted to share it with yall all of my hard work!!! here ya go!
DSCN4466_zpsceeef72e.jpg
DSCN4468_zpsbf55b92d.jpg
DSCN4461_zpse816147f.jpg
as you can see the damage is left unpainted right now, and i need to wipe it down hope yall enjoy! now im gunna change this thread to a full armor build!!

Attachments

• DSCN4466_zpsceeef72e.jpg
    DSCN4466_zpsceeef72e.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCN4468_zpsbf55b92d.jpg
    DSCN4468_zpsbf55b92d.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 179
  • DSCN4461_zpse816147f.jpg
    DSCN4461_zpse816147f.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 177
Ok guys don't worry I haven't given up yet! I have some bracers pepped and ready to fiberglass, and some other peices, but I put it all on hold for now because I decided I wanted an assault rifle :p I'm still in the process of pepping an hd ma5c modeled by WMHHUNTERTLS and UNFOLDED by mks81 wish me luck 405th!

Hope to see that assault rifle, I love updates!
Great helmet! I especially love the teeth, amazing idea and creativity haha.

Hope to see that assault rifle, I love updates!
Great helmet! I especially love the teeth, amazing idea and creativity haha.

Thanks I'm gonna repaint the gray parts of the helmet I didn't like how it was shiny so I'm going with a darker dull gray I finished cutting out the rifle last night now for assembly!

At long last everything is done! padding painting the works!

as you can see its a darker grey than the original paint and i think its more authentic looking :) so without a further ado pictures!!!
DSCN4470_zpsaba06f79.jpg
DSCN4472_zpse0ed62d0.jpg
DSCN4471_zps4ede2d72.jpg
DSCN4475_zps39f9bdd5.jpg
DSCN4477_zps770c139b.jpg

Attachments

• DSCN4471_zps4ede2d72.jpg
    DSCN4471_zps4ede2d72.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 191
  • DSCN4472_zpse0ed62d0.jpg
    DSCN4472_zpse0ed62d0.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 182
  • DSCN4470_zpsaba06f79.jpg
    DSCN4470_zpsaba06f79.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 176
  • DSCN4477_zps770c139b.jpg
    DSCN4477_zps770c139b.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 184
  • DSCN4475_zps39f9bdd5.jpg
    DSCN4475_zps39f9bdd5.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 174
Okay so I'm having a bit of a problem.So what kind of material should i use either the whole foam thing or using Pepakura and resin fiberglass? I really want to get this done by the next comic con even though that's a year away,and I don't really care about the cost.
But hey nice going man keep up the good work!!

Im glad you like it! If you do some diggin around theres alot about the two. Foam is fast and more simple but isnt sturdy and you cant get as good of detail as in pepakura. Pepakura is slower heavier but is nice and sturdy and can be detailed pretty easily.

Your doing a good job for your first build. I noted that you're starting the entire suit. When I started my first build, especially with the chest piece, after I pepped a piece, I would use strips of balsa wood with hot glue and make a very crude lattice on the inside, kind of forcing the armor into it's correct shape. As you mentioned before, the pep can be flimsy once finished. The strips of balsa wood keep the armor in its shape so that after you reinforce it with bondo, rondo, fiberglass, urethane plastic, etc..., you wont need nearly as much bondo to achieve the correct dimensions. This will reduce both the price and weight of bondo needed. It's surprising how quickly it all adds up! At least that's what worked for me. Here's a link to explain from my own build http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/33507-Halo-Combat-Evolved-Mk-V-Build-so-far-(Pic-Heavy)/page5... if your interested.

Needless to say, you'll change your methods of construction a hundred times over. This hobby is very heavy on trial and error. So keep up the great work, can't wait to see more, and hope this was of some help!

Fudz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back