cleaning up pep files

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fllschrimjager

Jr Member
Ok so I have been working on my RVB felix build for a while now got the helmet and chest done before I realized that I did not like the scale and now i am going back and redoing it all groan.
But thats not the point of this thread that I am starting. I am starting this for there are multiple suits that I want to build and one of them is Fred's centurion armor from halo 5. I have found all the files that I need but they don't seem quite right and are mostly just the large parts no details and it it has a mirrored side it only has the patterns for one. This kind of file is from what I can tell by trying trying to figure it out is a pain to do and print. here are some pic of what I am talking about.
Screen Shot 2016-02-27 at 1.17.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-02-27 at 1.18.11 PM.png
As you can see the highlighted parts are the ones that have a pattern and you only have half the model and missing some of the details in the parts it does have.

I don't have really any experience with pep except for scaling and moving the scaled part around on the paper to print so I was wondering if anyone in the community is good at cleaning up the pep files to make them more user friendly and is willing to help me out on these files.
I wanted to make this thread for I have not found a lot of files like this but it would be nice to have very user friendly files to work with for pep is already hard enough.

-thanks for the help with this
-Michel/Fllschirmjager

I'd assume that foam files are created with the intention of re-using the templates to duplicate repeating geometry such as halves of the torso and the back booster pods. I'd imagine you'd simply have to reverse the template to use it for creating the mirrored pieces.

As for paper-saving - it's possible that you could break down the templates to save on paper, but that's down mostly to user preference.

I'd assume that foam files are created with the intention of re-using the templates to duplicate repeating geometry such as halves of the torso and the back booster pods. I'd imagine you'd simply have to reverse the template to use it for creating the mirrored pieces.

As for paper-saving - it's possible that you could break down the templates to save on paper, but that's down mostly to user preference.

Oh ok thanks for the advice. Have not had very good luck with foam so I will probably wait till there is a paper one available for it will probably happen at some point and i have plenty of stuff to keep me busy for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back