Clonetrooper Pep Chest Armor and some arm pieces

The Armor pieces should be?

• Back Torso piece

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Midsection (including lower torso)

• Leg Pieces

• Make the Arms better first (Including shoulders)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1ManBattalion

Hi Guys,

I've been meaning to post this for a while, but I had some computer problems, anyway this is my first attempt at making pep armor by drawing free hand. The Chest turned out pretty good as far as first attempts go, after I fiberglassed it I notice that some of the angles were wrong (also after I primer it up! :mad: ). I'll refine those area on my next attempt. The triceps turn out better than I thought, but still room for improvements. The forearms I had to redo several times (pictures soon), as for the hand guards I think I should make them alittle bit bigger. I'll be fiberglassing these part this weekend and adding bodyfiller at some stage later.

I'm having problems with make the shoulders at the moment, really hard to get the shape.

The Helmet is a MR, I don't recommend people try to make a pep clone helmet. You're better off just buying one.

Do you think my Photos are too big? I had to remove some photos from my other topic. Is there a way around this?

that is so cool!!!

if you make the whole suit and upload the .pdo's you will make SO MANY people's dream come true! I have always wanted a stormtrooper costume!
Great Stuff!

1ManBattalion said:
anyway this is my first attempt at making pep armor by drawing free hand.

i think this means that he didn't make the files he just did every thing by hand...but i could be wrong.

anyways THAT LOOKS AMAZING :D !!! if you did make the files i definetly want them, i'v wanted to make clone armor since before i wanted to make halo armor (i came across the how-to for this before that)

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont see any numbers, so that had to have been done by hand, but then the outline looks too clean, so maybe he didnt use the number feature since the pieces were so big.

thenewcrazyspartan91 said:
wow must make some do u have the files

2401 Penitent Tangent said:
that is so cool!!!

if you make the whole suit and upload the .pdo's you will make SO MANY people's dream come true! I have always wanted a stormtrooper costume!
Great Stuff!

Thanks Guys,

I really want to a .pdo file, But I have no idea how. I've just got 3D Studio Max 9, I heard that I could use that to do it. If anybody can point in the right direction I will be more than happy to make those files. I also want to make a set of Republic Commando armor as well.

But at the moment I'm gonna fiberglass TK-NZ's ODST helmet, that should have bondo on it by Sunday.

It was all free hand drawing, I've made templates, which I was thinking about scanning.

Do you have the model? If so, email it to me, PM me, I will make them into pepakura files you can print.

AoBfrost said:
Do you have the model? If so, email it to me, PM me, I will make them into pepakura files you can print.

Awesome! I have some clonetrooper .3DS files, if that's what you were after. PM me your Email and I'll be happy to send them off to you. Otherwise it's just pencil marks on pieces of cardstock template. :D

1ManBattalion said:
Awesome! I have some clonetrooper .3DS files, if that's what you were after. PM me your Email and I'll be happy to send them off to you. Otherwise it's just pencil marks on pieces of cardstock template. :D

i'v wanted that file for ever! tell me when its up!

But at the moment I'm gonna fiberglass TK-NZ's ODST helmet, that should have bondo on it by Sunday.

Cool, I look forward to seeing what you do with it. I hope you got it to scale right :)

OK...It's been a busy week both at home and at work. With the result of the pull I shall commence my work on the Back Torso section.

For everybody that would like to give the Clone Trooper 3DS file a go here it is;

http://www.4shared.com/file/37002818/a9089b58/C_TROOPR.html

I've half fiberglassed NZ-TK's ODST helmet, which turn out good so far. Just got to fix the chin area (it's about 5mm off center!!)

I also made these Halo Landfall ODST shoulders, BUT!! after the first layers of fiberglass cured I realised that the top portion was wrong and the other bits on top were too small :cautious: , so I'm starting again to ensure near 100% accuracy. here is a pictures of them, please note that these were uncleaned and only have edge cuts. The final product will look much better.

I tried those, too high poly to work with pepakura, even editing the chest, it looks very flat, but it is made up of millions of fold lines and poly's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back