Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indywanabe91 said:
Has anyone created the PDO's for the hand, elbow, bicep, and thigh armor yet or the actual boots????

Yeah im working on them. Currently i have been busy with making an HD iron man pdo but ill be back soon i hope.

DJHicks said:
Would just like the work going on in this forum is fantastic and really inspiring...

im in a sci-fi charity costuming group here in the uk and hope to have a completed COG suit soon so i can wear it around and help raise money.... alot of the members of our group are starwars orientated so i want to branch off and make some more unique suits...

theses files will help me do this on an affordable level as we take no money at all for doing events etc (not even fuel or anything it all comes out of our pockets so 100% of the money raised is donated)

thanks again in advance and look forward to the rest of the peices....

i will post pics of my progress as i soon start building, will be my first time pepakura-ing if there is such a term lol

wish me luck haha!

DJHicks said:
** i have seen a forumla in another post but that refers to specific designs and it may be different for these ones hence y im asking lol***

was just wondering... ive gone over this thread and not read it (althought i may have missed it so slap me if i have)

but is there a working formula to scaling the designs you have here? so you have an idea im 6ft 3" and loosing weight muuuhahahaha so hard over xmas!!!

im largish, i think im fat but people say because of my height im resonablly in proportion... so i'd say im the frame of a muscly 6ft 3 but flabb not muscle haha

will certailny bulk out the armour.... seen some people in there suits and the large bulkyness of them made them look sorta stick man like....

any suggestions of the scale input? will be on pepa 3

thank u all kindly in advance

Glad you like the files they need a lot of fixing but when.

Its scaled for around 6'3" or 190 cm and its built for a larger person so your weight not a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you for replay im so looking forward to starting to put these to goo duse but im having a hard time find decent paper/card suppliers with a good 200gsm or so thickness gonna have to order online and wait :-(

thanks again!

Hay DJHicks
don't worry about the sizing I'm 6'2 and have a few pounds on me :0) I've been building this armour aswell and so far it
all fits nicley the chest is a beast to do lots of parts now looking to build the lancer soon.
can't wait for the rest of the pdo's to be posted.

ive gotta wait for my card to arrive dnt think there posting it out for a while :-( gonna nip to whsmith n pick up some of there 220gsm stuff to start practicing on etc

Ok so I am a major GoW fan but I am not sure if this one is good for me, I am confident that I can do it because I cath on to things quickly but I have not tried building armor this way before.
Would it be possible for a noob like me to make this one? Or should I try something easier first? Please tell me, I have been reading the forums for a long time learning everything I can and I have read every tutorial thread but I have no hands on experience...

Thanks for all of the help and the intro to pepakura armor building!

Sincerely, Jacob

theband9000 said:
Ok so I am a major GoW fan but I am not sure if this one is good for me, I am confident that I can do it because I cath on to things quickly but I have not tried building armor this way before.
Would it be possible for a noob like me to make this one? Or should I try something easier first? Please tell me, I have been reading the forums for a long time learning everything I can and I have read every tutorial thread but I have no hands on experience...

Sincerely, Jacob
I would try low-def Mk. VI Halo Helmet, or something like this to practice on first.
But if you want to do it, I say go for it! and good luck! :D

hello all! Long time lurker, and finding this thread, i will definitely be posting pics of me and my friends armor progress. He wanted to do Dom, and i was going Fenix. Please forgive me, but i read through all 14 pages ( :confused:) and thought i didn't see any files for Dom. Are these available? And once again Stellar work on all of your alls work.

Aloha

theband9000 said:

Sincerely, Jacob

Sorry about the late post (trying to get to it earlier). Overall the suit isnt very hard but since the chest is 60 pages i would put it around 7 out of 10 (10 being the highest). If its your first ever i would build the belt or with the shoulder pads. There two small pieces that go together really quick and there very basic.

Shackz said:
hey im in the process of making carmine helmet etc and armor, i posted in the noob forums, or go to www.azneraz.deviantart.com to check all the wips its fun =D

Hey go right ahead and post what you got its always nice seeing builds posted in this thread

thedudedrummer said:
Any word on progress? Im looking to build this by this years AX and so far its amazing!

None from me i got a little side tracked on fallout 3 and building the T-51b helm but ill get back to gow (i hope)

Arbiter808 said:
hello all! Long time lurker, and finding this thread, i will definitely be posting pics of me and my friends armor progress. He wanted to do Dom, and i was going Fenix. Please forgive me, but i read through all 14 pages ( :confused:) and thought i didn't see any files for Dom. Are these available? And once again Stellar work on all of your alls work.

Aloha

Nothing wrong with lurkers they tend to know the jargon. But for your question on Dom there is none but ill look around and see if i can find the files.

Then to give an update on the missing parts. As of now the bicep have been finished i just need to export them to pep but the legs are far from done.

First I like to say Hi. I just found out about this thread while looking up artwork for Gears of War over at the Epic forum. I spent all day looking over all of the tutorial videos and looking over everyones progress and what can I say but WOW!!!

Spartan 051, Thank you so much for taking the time to put this project together, I down loaded the files this morning before leaving for work and started to block out my calendar so I can take on this project. I love Gears of War, its second next to the Star Wars franchise ( have devoted most of my life to it since 1977). Keep up this fantastic work!

I always wanted to do more in movie replicate props stuff. I acctully built a Vader costume 10 years ago by doing something simular to what you guys are doing now. Instead of CG models and software, I donwloaded from Vader Painter a blue print to the armor and cut the pieces out of cardboard. It turned out ok, but I wish I had known some of the techniques that you all doing now back then.

Infact this brings me up to an off topic question, with the release of such games like the force unleash, does anyone know if someone made a set of blueprints of the Vader armor or the Stormtrooper armor?

Thanks again for providing the resourses and sharing your knoledge on this project. I can't wait to get started.

I have a question.

I want to do the lancer rifle as my first project. I have seen all the tutorials and feel comfortable in taking this on. However, I have not seen any tutorials addressing the assemble of any of the weapons (both Halo or Gears of War). The thing that is getting me is how do you reenforce the weapon from the inside? I understand the need for the fiberglass reenforcing on the inside of the armor, but how do you adress this with a weapon if at all? Is the coating of the outside with the resin enough so that the need to do so on the inside is not needed?

I appriciate any help here.

Thank you.

Jedi_Master_Ben said:
I have a question.

I want to do the lancer rifle as my first project. I have seen all the tutorials and feel comfortable in taking this on. However, I have not seen any tutorials addressing the assemble of any of the weapons (both Halo or Gears of War). The thing that is getting me is how do you reenforce the weapon from the inside? I understand the need for the fiberglass reenforcing on the inside of the armor, but how do you adress this with a weapon if at all? Is the coating of the outside with the resin enough so that the need to do so on the inside is not needed?

I appriciate any help here.

Thank you.

i have never done any pep...but as far as i can gather you put it together in parts and glass then so when they all go together the glassing is on the inside

not 100% on that but it makes sense!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back