Cog Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
To answer for PSBeretta, I was interested in buying the cast for his chest when I asked him on the THERPF.com forum and didn't want to put himself into lawful risk with Epic Games. If that wasn't the case, he would've hook me up.

ahh yeah i remember posting that i believe that letter was do to the crimson omen

game workshop gives out nasty letters thorssoli got a message saying he can not make runs.

Though there are ways around it i believe if you trade him resin he ill make you a cast

So I'm pretty new to this forum and I wanted to make sure I knew what I was talking about when I finally opened my mouth on a thread. That said I hope I'm not repeating anyone when I say this. There is a website that is pretty helpful (to me at least) when I started making some of this armor and looking into the how's and why's. I also read the book "Asphos Field" trying to get some back story and found out some things that could be helpful. Apparently every Gear customizes their own armor which is why they all look different. So I took some liberties when I started my own. I'll try and get some pics up soon of what I've accomplished and look forward to any help and insight I can get from all of you.

That said, I don't want to take up too much space repeating something you all may or may not know. So if anyone needs help, send me a message and I'll try to be as helpful as I can.

That website is... http://gearsofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Gears_of_War_Wiki

hope I've been helpful everyone.

this is coming along great! shame that you can't make some runs, some people would DIE! or one cog armor set!...with that armor you only need a real size locust drone :)

Hey, new to the 405th, its cool to see other gears freaks in the middle of the halo fans :p

I'm working on a full carmine suit, and though I doubt I'd make it, I'm trying to pull this off in a month.

also, anyone know how I outta scale this armor? I'm pretty new to this stuff so I'm not sure what its scaled to in the first place.

I'm 6'1", Broad shoulders, and I'm pretty well built

if someone can give me what I need to do to scale it I'd be greatful

Anything to look out for would be appreciated

hey man.... finally i see a Cog Armor... but u have the helmet and armor of carmine???

if u have tell me... if u dont... tell me XD

ty for u time

and good post

Hi guys Just thought I'd show you guys my pepped Fenix chest plate...

have a master chief costume going for a mate this one is all for me though :)

PSberetta said:
I was asked how I get into my chest and backplate via a PM.

I have a small area that pops off at the bottom of the backplate. Its just enough for me to slip it on over my head with all of my padding on.

I did it like that so the armor would look like it was one huge piece of armor.

I used "Dzus fastners". They are used to hold body panels on race cars and bikes.

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?t...eners&form_prod_id=208,58_1486&action=product

The panel still needs more bolts and the belt added but I wanted to show it.

GoWlatch001.jpg

GoWlatch002.jpg

GoWlatch003.jpg

Do you have any pictures of how you attached the front chest and backpack together?

Did you use anything to hide the seams for attaching front and back plates?

Last edited by a moderator:
PSberetta said:
I was asked how I get into my chest and backplate via a PM.

I have a small area that pops off at the bottom of the backplate. Its just enough for me to slip it on over my head with all of my padding on.

I did it like that so the armor would look like it was one huge piece of armor.

I used "Dzus fastners". They are used to hold body panels on race cars and bikes.

http://www.hrpworld.com/index.cfm?t...eners&form_prod_id=208,58_1486&action=product

The panel still needs more bolts and the belt added but I wanted to show it.

GoWlatch001.jpg

GoWlatch002.jpg

GoWlatch003.jpg

ratsta said:
Hi guys Just thought I'd show you guys my pepped Fenix chest plate...

have a master chief costume going for a mate this one is all for me though :)

wow, both of your armors are pretty amazing, I just finished pepping my carmine helmet earlier, and started to work on the knee pads, its not small im just wearing a fluffy jacket

9134_103602129651714_100000057834049_100285_3406104_n.jpg

When my wife said that she wanted armor from Gears, I arrogantly thought that I could turn this out pretty quickly despite the fact that I’ve never done anything like this.

I started this trek yesterday and started by googling the armor for images, finding where some dudes made very realistic looking armor, an image to a 3d file, that led me here to quickly learn that this rabbit hole is very, very deep.

I’m 99% sure that I wont have anything more than a crappy set made by Halloween, but it will be a fun project to skin my knees with.

This site has been a humbling experience to say the least… I am really looking forward to building my “test” set of COG armor, my next “so-so” set, the “refined” set, and then lastly the “not too bad” set.

Because I now know that I wont get it right the first few times… and that will make it fun!

This is more of a handshake/hi posting… I’m still reading over the noob thread(s) and realizing you all have forgotten more about this than I know.

Since I was born without shame, I’ll show off my craptacular armor as I knock it out… I just want to thank you all for the hard work that you’ve poured into this!

Everything I’ve seen/read has really been impressive!

Thank you so much for sharing!

Hey there guys. I am COMPLETLY NEW to this. i actually just signed up today. I was looking through the forums and was really blown away by all of the great work you guys are doing on these Gears suits. I have been looking to start off by making a Gears Carmine suit as well. Already got the helmet file and Pepakura Designer 3. Ill probably print out the helmet and start working on that this week but I need the rest of the Carmine Armor. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

hi sry to bother you but could u please send me the link 2 the site where uv put all the cool cog armor .pdo's you've done im a big fan of ur work sparon 051

Spartan 051 said:
do a search on it an you will find the files

WHERE DO I SEARCH FOR IT??? PLEASE HELP ME! I JUST PRINTED OFF THE HELMET AND WILL BEGIN WORKING ON IT ON MY FREE TIME...

LordsShado said:
ya i want the helmit also its sweet

LordsShado said:
I also want the COG helm both CARMINES RULES!!

LordsShado said:
hi sry to bother you but could u please send me the link 2 the site where uv put all the cool cog armor .pdo's you've done im a big fan of ur work sparon 051

HOLY TRIPLE POST!!! there batman , lordsshado just edit your posts if you want to make a new comment if no body else has not answered, use the search bar you might find the file or pm the guy who made it

Hey everyone, long time no write. Glad to see Interest for the suits is back up. For anyone looking for the files, just look to the front page of this thread. Everything that the community has come up with can be found there. I hope to see some new pix of some new builds soon. I've been really busy with two builds that I've been working on for the last 30 days or so (yes these suits can be built in days not months). I'll try to get some pix up soon. If any of the files are down just let me know and I'll reup. Good luck to those who take on this project.

Maj. Pain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back