Contry/State memberlist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCC

Hey all (first of all sorry for my spelling and gramma)

I have for some time now been wondering why ther isn´t a list of menbers from the same contry?

I havent seen anyone from Denmark yet here in this great forum, but to my joy i found a Facebook group for norwegian pepakura builders, but thats not really the same.
That got me thinking about this "list" where you can be listet for wich contry you are from and then you also can see if others on the forum also is from the same contry.
Then you can contact them and start a FB group and so on......

Just wondering is this a really bad idea of what do you think??

I say it is irrelevant. There are several threads of state and country and I don't see the
point in that. This is a free site and none of us are paying any dues - where you are located is a moot point. Unlike 501 which I believe is chartered. All you need to know is if there is a conference, will you be present?

CoolC
Infantryman
I say it is irrelevant. There are several threads of state and country and I don't see the
point in that. This is a free site and none of us are paying any dues - where you are located is a moot point. Unlike 501 which I believe is chartered. All you need to know is if there is a conference, will you be present?

Well Sorry but that doent say anything to me ....

What my thout about this was also to give the forum a tool to meet others that also build pep armor. And about the conferencen. This idea woud also give peapol a way to find together and make bigger groups..

To solve this, you need to do these simple steps:

1. read the rules, preventing non-wip threads to clutter up the feed as they are today

2. Make a Denmark Facebook group, because odds are no one else is going to do it

3. You can post on the normal 405th facebook group inviting all members from Denmark to join your Denmark group

I'm typing using my phone and can't get my points across.

I agree with Pipinacan totally. There is no members in 405th. I would consider us users. We do not go through the vetted process to determine eligibility like the 501st. You see users come and go and may disappear. Hence, location of users is irrelevant.

Also a lot is us are known by our screen name. We join anonymously. We are in an information age and that means our information could be for sale. The risk of our information falls on the wrong hands is high. That's one of the reason I cancelled my FB.

I've been a lurker and a user for more than 2 years now but I continue to remain nameless. All you need to know is my work and my passion. Maybe one day you will see me at one of the conference with a face. ;)

Also a lot is us are known by our screen name. We join anonymously. We are in an information age and that means our information could be for sale. The risk of our information falls on the wrong hands is high. That's one of the reason I cancelled my FB.

It's nearly impossible to actually delete a facebook account, even if you do get to the delete page and not log in for the two weeks I'm sure they have your information stored. I say as long as you don't supply a phone number or any relevant info that could trace you to your home you'll be fine.

It's nearly impossible to actually delete a facebook account, even if you do get to the delete page and not log in for the two weeks I'm sure they have your information stored...

My understanding is FB deactivates my account for two weeks. If within 2 weeks I accidentally click anything relates to FB my account is active again. After 2 weeks my information would be deleted forever. I am not naive to believe that. We are it's product - we are too valuable to FB and it is misusing our trust. The lesson is DO NOT share anything personal in FB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back