Couple of Pics I found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam

Forum Founder
Member DIN
S800
No that's not nightmare armor. Looks like it though.
foto2_grande.jpg

see:
foto3_grande.jpg

looks like he lost a toe armor....looks like the other guy might be a elite and other a marine

Yeah, I was just going to say that. Looks like this may have been for some kind of Pre- Halo 2 Microsoft internal event, perhaps before Nightmare Armor came along. I wonder where the armor came from?

The detailing of the suit looks really arbitrary, like a speculation of what it MIGHT look like in the game under development.

Where did these pics come from? Very interesting indeed.
:Steve:

:agree:

the helmet is definitely much different than if they really tried to make it from the released game. no tubes, rostrum plate sticks out alot, number of cheeck lights, etc. I do like that paint job though.

How easy is it for us to judge now, but this was likely before anyone else had done this competently. But I totally hear you. Look at the Elites foam hands!

When theres no bar to be raised, theres nothing to judge your work against.

With great challenges comes great responsibility... and spider powers apparently. :mrgreen:

Not to be rude, but those are below-par. The Marine is nothing like a Marine. The Chief's helmet is too big and the armor is disporportioned (sp?) and you can see the Chief and the Elite's human skin. :)

again, probably created before designs were finalized. Lets not be critical. I'd bet 90% of us couldn't make armor that looked that good. Yes, is isn't accurate, but it is good craftsmanship.

Ares said:
Not to be rude, but those are below-par. The Marine is nothing like a Marine. The Chief's helmet is too big and the armor is disporportioned (sp?) and you can see the Chief and the Elite's human skin. :)
Wasnt there talk about how the Master Chief is actually kinda disproportioned in the h2 game? Theres a thread somewhere here ill look for it...

Last edited by a moderator:
compared to a real human, yes. In the same way barbie dolls are disproportionate to humans.

...and his legs are too far away from his pelvis. His shoulders are too thin and far away from his torso, his helmet is WWAAYY too small compared to his body, at least, for a human head to be in it.
About the armor, no one said he can't take some artistic license. I think the helmets cool. And the elite is obviously stilyzed, I don't understand how people can gripe about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back