Cqb And Mk Vi Chest/back Combined?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrsteensen

Anyone got the CQB chest with a Mk VI back?

Figure there should be a few magazine pouches on the front too...I mean, Always struck me as hard for the MC to reload with nowhere to keep all those spare mags...

im not sure what you mean but if your talking about the add on the CQB attaches on to the original mark VI chest so yes and maybe the chief is a magician

AHHHHH! Didn't realize it just bolted over the top. Sorry for the dumb answer.

You know...there is no such thing as dumb questions; just dumb soldiers.

You don't really see it much elsewhere but on the cover of the Halo book, "The Flood", you can see that the MC does have ammo pouches around his stomach and lower back area. Here is a picture of that cover. Its not the most detailed picture in the world, but you can see the pouches that I mentioned.

Ztheflood_800.jpg

Ahhh, yes.

However: real world: Stomach sucks for ammo - gets in the way when you try to go prone. Lower back sucks even worse, cause you can't reach your armor when you find yourself with little more than a wide telephone pole for cover.

Front chest is the best option so you can go prone and still reach your ammo. Not on the sides due to silouet and never on the back. You would never reach it. On the IOTV the bandaleirs help alot. Leg would be ok except when you run. Lesser of the evils I guess.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Front chest is the best option so you can go prone and still reach your ammo. Not on the sides due to silouet and never on the back. You would never reach it. On the IOTV the bandaleirs help alot. Leg would be ok except when you run. Lesser of the evils I guess.

Ithica

All my ammo stayed on a vest that I threw over my IBA...but I was a SAW gunner/M2 Gunner. (SAW dismounted, M2 while mounted.) - Overvest got dropped whenever I was in the turret (ie slick IBA)

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed, I would hate to have my gunner stuck in the turret and roll overs would suck. My gunners do the same thing. 240 mounted with m-4/203. They don't dismount unless something went wrong.

Ithica

Ithica said:
Indeed, I would hate to have my gunner stuck in the turret and roll overs would suck. My gunners do the same thing. 240 mounted with m-4/203. They don't dismount unless something went wrong.

Ithica

We would go on joint dismounted patrols with the IPs.

Talk about FUBAR a couple times.

Vastly prefer dismounted work vs mounted though! Where you at? (If you prefer taking it to PMs, we can do that.)

I don't see an OPSEC Violation, unless the admin or mods prefer PM. I'm at Liberty this tour doing PSD.

Ithica

Ithica said:
I don't see an OPSEC Violation, unless the admin or mods prefer PM. I'm at Liberty this tour doing PSD.

Ithica

Gah...Lucky. I was living at an IP station in Ahdamiya District (East Baghdad, just over grizzley's bridge....(Did they ever repair that bridge? It got blowed up nicely one day.)

do they ever. It took 3 years to fix the overpass going passed 543 on Irish and that was a small blast seat.

Ithica

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back