craft robo wont find third mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

swisherteets

Jr Member
I am relatively new to the forums, I have started a progress thread for my build but figured this would be better off in its own thread.

I did a search for this issue and found one other person with this problem on the forums but it was never answered. and i didnt want to necro the thread.

My problem is that The craft robo will recognize the first 2 registration marks and then it goes to find the thrid but it only goes half way up the page stops and searches then returns "home" and says it cant find it.

i had the thign working great I was on my ninth page of cutting and this started up but before that it would work just fine and find all three marks.

If anyone has any solution or insight that would be great

thanks

Hi swisherteets,

This i have found, is to do with the way the page has been printed. Three ways you can confirm this

- Reprint the same page. Even if it appears correctly the machine will never pick up on the mark on your existing page and it will keep going through the same process.
or
- Take a black pen and go over the third registration mark making no error and then place it back in the craft robo.

Thanks billy
I did try reprinting it darker and remounting the paper but it did nothing for me.

I have searched all through the settings and so on and just cant seem to find why when it searches for the third registration mark it only goes half way up the page and then stops and searches there instead of all the way up the page.

I think I might try and reinstall the driver tonight and maybe reinstall Pepakura too

i wanted to bump this as I figured out my issue and if anyone else has sthe same problem at least then they will know

When I had arranged the pieces in Pepakura on the page, several pages had pieces that ran out of the cut area. so when the automatic registration mark searcher was looking for the registration marks it would stop at the piece that was in its way thinking it was the registration mark but then when it wasnt it would stop and return home and give the error.

so the solution is make sure all the parts are well within the cut area and now where near where the laser could pick them up mistakenly

You probably don't have the paper size set correctly. You have to set Pepakura designer to A4, and make sure when you cut it also says A4. You have to change registration marks to 25, 32, 15, 10 if you're using Letter paper.

Make sure you do Print Preview before you print in Pepakura for Craft robo to check that no pieces go off the cutting area or are within the registration marks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back