CrafyROBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farqual

Has anyone ever used the craft ROBO for armor pep? If so I'd like to know what your thoughts on it are. I just bought one and want to try it out when i get back home next week.

I have a Silhouette SD, which is functionally the same as the Craft Robo, and it is awesome for pep work. I did a MK6 HD chest in 20 hours using the Craft Robo. It works great and it saves a buttload of time.

It's saved me a lot of time. Takes about an hour to fully cut out a 15 page pep file. Just make sure you understand fully how to use it. Theres a tutorial and lots of good info in the creation discussion thread. I suggest you give that a good read through as most questions have been answered there. Also for your cutline settings I use .05 and .1 inches. Makes perferations fold easier ;)

Awesome guys and thank you for the info. It will arrived in the am and ill get to start using it on the 9th when i get home. Any good links for the tutorials?

love mine just run through blades too quick and i don't know if anyone else does this but the sticky on the feeder sheet looses it sticky too quick and the "strong" sticky version is just too sticky and i have torn pieces using this one. what i do is use the light sticky sheet and when the sticky goes away i use some spray adhesive and give it a quick little squirt from about 8" away in a quick pass to get just a little on it and the paper stick again for abut 5 more sheets and then another quick squirt. but on the down size this may be why i am running through blades quickly as well. but if you order the blade Carrier (http://www.specialty-graphics.com/sgs_craft_robo_replacement_blade_holder.html) the replacement blades are like $7.00 versus the stock $30.00 blades.

which is a better choice to buy? the craft robo or the silhouette sd? i have been looking at them cause i really hate cutting stuff out =/

well i own a craft robo and love it. never used a silhouette sd. the reason i went with the craft robo is because of the pepakura for craft robo. i figured with it being for craft robo there would not be any issues and not have to play with too many settings or anything else. the pepakura for craft robo works like a champ. that was my deciding factor.

The Silhouette SD is just the newest version of the Craft Robo. They both run the same software. I have the SD and love it. Havn't had many problems with it at all. And Calladar, as for the blades dulling, I suggest folding up a piece of foil so its about 5 layers thick, then pull your blade out of the machine and run it across that a few times. I've been using this little trick to keep my blade going strong for well over 350 sheets of cardstock thus far. No true degredation that I can see so far.

cool thanks.. i have tried to figure out how to sharpen the thing. never thought of that. good tip.

Definitely loving this machine. It has cut so much time off of the pep process and does really well on most cuts and folds. I just hate how it chops off the really small tabs.........

In your cut line settings, change the cut line segment to .05 and your uncut line segment to .1. That took care of most of the chopped off tabs for me :)

No problem =D Here to help. Considering I've cut/assembled about 3 suits worth already. 3 suits worth of parts to get 1 assembled. A learning process indeed, but once I got it down its going pretty fast. The machine helped alot.

I am so Close to buying the Craft Robo Silhouette I can taste the freedom that it will Bring to my Life. I have scrimped and scraped my money. Only problem I have is getting my finger to press the button to buy buy buy. My heart says Buy but my head says don't Buy. If the next person says BUY and and tells me to stop pissing about ...................then I will not stop my finger from pressing confirm purchase. I am doing the Right thing. I just want to tap my ruby red shoes and say "There is no place like home".

It is AMAZING! It's saved me hours upon hours of work, if not at least a day, and has enabled me to really speedily get stuff done. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back