Crazybunny's PEP armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybunny

Jr Member
Hey, i got the helmet 100% done, but i might add better vents...i finished a 3rd coating of resin on my chest, and i have printed the belt. Here's pics.

Im ganna use the salt method that master chef described to get weather on the chest

Damn all you guys finishing your helmets! :mad: I havent made it that far and i'm kinda afraid to because i don't want to mess it up :lol:

Lookin good though! Where are you getting your visor from?

crazybunny said:
All I need is to get visor, some more layers of paint, and then varnish.

Front messed up teeny tiny bit, but its not a problem for me.

have you fiberglassed yet?

Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to fiberglass 3 layers in the rest. i need to go out and buy some more fiberglass cloth though, only got one 8 by 8 cloth and another like 2x2 for the chest

The helmet itself inside will be enough support, you just need to trim the visor and got glue, or caulk it.

i like how the resin shows through the cardstock in some areas, sometimes the resin is translucent and you can slightly see through the cardstock or it seems darker in some areas, I dunno, I just like that effect, Sometimes your armor looks good resined, then when you paint it, you do a crappy job then wish you never painted it, but I'm sure with the quality of work you are doing, your paintjob will be fine also, the helmet paint job is fine, so the rest of the body should be too I guess.

thanx for the reply guys.after this set of armor, im hoping making one out of clay and all that stuff, but i need a job first, no one hires under 16 :cautious:

Even if your 16, I'd say you may still be too young to make armor from clay and plaster, even with a part time job, it is expensive enough. When you have a part time job, you should save for something useful, I use my money from my job toward a vespa (2500$) but I will use some here and there for my pep armor, and if you want a plastic set of armor, wester field has a nice set for 700 dollars, cheaper than making one yourself, or they have a full premade, pre painted set for 1400 dollars, which is about what you will pay to make one yourself.

AoBfrost said:
Even if your 16, I'd say you may still be too young to make armor from clay and plaster, even with a part time job, it is expensive enough. When you have a part time job, you should save for something useful, I use my money from my job toward a vespa (2500$) but I will use some here and there for my pep armor, and if you want a plastic set of armor, wester field has a nice set for 700 dollars, cheaper than making one yourself, or they have a full premade, pre painted set for 1400 dollars, which is about what you will pay to make one yourself.
Biggest problem with getting your armor at a young age is what if you grown in a few moths or ayear. Then you just spent 2500 bucks on something for a year same with making one if you mold it.

Last edited by a moderator:
my armor's going to cost a total of $200. not $1700 and upward :p
and im 15 and have a part time job.

i dont think i have to worry too much about growth, i think i've stopped growing lengthwise at 5'11".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back