Creative Way To Use Broken 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I was looking through Instructables today and I found this.

Using the laser drive from a 360, a laser pointer becomes a laser burner. Here is the link to the instructable 007 Laser Weapon Discuss what you think.

Also, if this is in the wrong forum, mods please move. I wasn't sure to put it here or General Discussion.

xXBattle RifleXx said:
he uses a xbox hd dvd player thing
i dont think that laser isnt in a xbox
i've checked
Yes, but 360's also have HDVD drive lasers

Last edited by a moderator:
Although it is cool somewhat, unless your Xbox has Error E74 (which ISN'T RRoD), this isn't worth attempting.

Still, if your Xbox does take a dive, you can always salvage parts to make a laser weapon.

Yea, they are basically the same thing, but using the drive laser is if you have the drive/360 broken, but the laser still works. It's just if you want to scrap the thing for parts more or less.

My 360 got the rrod recently and im going to send it in to get fixed. i could never mutilate it in such a manner. Its still a cool idea though

xXBattle RifleXx said:
i just realized some thing this is a great idea and all
but if someone really wanted to do this they could just buy a blue laser diode for like 30 bucks
http://cgi.ebay.com/150mW-405nm-Blu-ray-Bl...93%3A1|294%3A50

Yes, but can you burn things?!
Ebay lazers = rave in my room
360 lazer = shoop da woop!....after holding it....for a long time......very long......

...very...

:) cool find, perhaps worth a shot from a creig's list body.

Roodkill

Last edited by a moderator:
They say that most consumer electronics end up in the garbage as a result of a failure of a 25% part, but there are still other goodies inside!

Make this laser and stick it in a Spartan Laser prop! (y)

I have two old DVRs in my room, I wonder if I could use those in any way...

Hell, if you really want to upgrade laser wise, but have a few hundred bucks to shell out, go look at www.Dragonlasers.com

Sweet site that i was actually thinking of buying one of thier stronger burning lasers to rig into a Spartan Laser XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back