Custom Halo Reach Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, "Altair"! =P
And no prob! I have a question for you while im at it...... Is this by chance your first sculpt?

Lol, "Altair"! =P
And no prob! I have a question for you while im at it...... Is this by chance your first sculpt?

Lol sorry man and to answer your question yes and no. I've sculpted since high school using water based clay and bronze and glass and marble and so on and so forth. First time i am sculpting using oil based clay and first time anything related to halo to be honest so yeah. Does it show that badly that i am somewhat of a noob at this?

SO as promised here is a better pic of the helmet. On top of that I got a request form my cousin to do a helmet for him and since i had a left over one fore him stacked aside i started to clean it up and get it ready fro him.

web.jpg

DSC_0003_3.jpg

web.jpg

DSC_0004_3.jpg

DSC_0011_3.jpg

web.jpg

And here is the chest piece. I based it off of the MK 3 i think (the halo wars one) mainly because i liked the way it had the pecks defined and it just look really manly (no homo though). still have work on it to do and as you can tell i filled the inside with foam so that i can have a nice snug fit on it. It is also one piece which i just wanted to keep it that way so yeah. ehh don't know what else to say so yeah.

web.jpg

GODS! that looks beautiful. I love using clay, and if i had the money would take it over pep any day! Keep it coming man! Awesome work.

Cheers, Dave.

For casting i use smooth-cast 300 by smooth on. It has a working time of 3 mins and a demanding time of 10 mins so casting goes really quickly and since I used their mold martial as well there is no need for a release agent.

I'm at the airport about to head out of town for a couple of days but i figured I'd give a quick update. I've been working on detailing the thigh pieces for the past couple of days and i've done some good progress on it. Another day or two and the legs should be done as well. Unfortunatly I don't have any pictures on me at the moment so i can't upload anything. But as soon as i get them done i'll post some new progress pics so you guys can see what i'm doing with it.

A quick question relatimh to the final pieces: what color should i do for the armor? I'm leaning towards a nave but not something that is too saturated with a metallic finish and maybe some charcoal pieces and whatnot but i am really open to Anything at this point so any ideas?

Hey Guys, sorry for the lack of updates on this forum but i've been so busy with the armor that I really didn't have time to take pics or really update on my progress until now. I've finished all the pieces and they are all primed and have the first two colors on them. I decided to go with a digital camouflage blue for the color. Personally i think it is going to look really awesome when it's done but i'll guess i'll have to wait and see until it is all done. Thanks for everyone replied and liked my work, it's always nice to have some support. Anyway, I'll post a few pics below so you guys can see the progress.

My Favorite new Toy:
web.jpg

Gotta Have the air compressor:
web.jpg

Masking for Second Color (no pics of first color, sorry):
web.jpg

Pieces primed and ready to be painted:
web.jpg

Pieces painted in the first blue (Tahoe blue):
web.jpg

Close up of Butt plate:
web.jpg

Close up of Chest Piece:
web.jpg

Close up of Helmet:
web.jpg

MOre updates will hopefully be coming soon. Thanks Guys.

I like the build. Very nice work maybe use the guide if you could of on the helmet but besides that the chest looks good too. Keeping hittin us with pics

i read some of the earlyer posts, and you told soul seeker (i think) taht you used 14 pounds of clay, thats about 6 kilograms, how much did the finished clay model weight? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back