Custom Spartan... Mixed bag of pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brazen

starting my build after work tonight this is were I will post pics of the progress

Helmet: Halo 4 Recon
Shoulders: Halo reach Security
Chest: Infinite Mk7
From waist to ankle ODST
Forearms: building both odst and infinite seeing which i like better
Boots:mk7

details: a cape... not normal but dangit i want one...
2 lion medallion to be cape locks.
monster bones attached to the armor just cuz its cool

Harbor freight stuff atm...:
eva floor tiles, woodburner with knife attachment, 10$ heat gun, respirator for organic vapors, 2 cheap dremels one with wire brush for scarring my armor one with sanding drum. costed about 100 bucks to get 4 packs of foam and all the tools

Birthday present to myself...

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_095654.jpg
    IMG_20221026_095654.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 75
Just set it up in the closet we're it will live and leveled the bed any video recommendations for tuning and stuff?
CasuallyFlacid

Attachments

• IMG_20221026_110649.jpg
    IMG_20221026_110649.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 83
Ya, here are a few great videos showing how to calibrate some of the stuff I mentioned:

P.I.D.tuning:

E-Steps:

Acceleration:

Retraction:

I would also recommend starting with a few of CHEP's profiles (if you use Cura slicer). He has some wonderful and informative stuff on his Youtube channel.

Just set it up in the closet we're it will live and leveled the bed any video recommendations for tuning and stuff?
CasuallyFlacid
Teaching Tech did a pretty good walkthrough of calibrating printers a couple of year ago and also created this site to help guide people step by step through various steps you may want to take. Each section has a header that tells you what that step aims to achieve, when you may want to do it, and what tools or software you'll want to have.

switched to cqc helmet... buuuuut.. it is a printing...

told my buddy i was chilling on the farm today. the print farm.lolz

Attachments

• 20221111_001807.jpg
    20221111_001807.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 76
  • 20221111_001816.jpg
    20221111_001816.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 79
doing the jaw pieces in higher detail so its a 2 day print on its own. the back of the neck section may have 3 more hours to go

Gotta love noticing a print fail after 6 hours

Darn warping cuz it's cold

Attachments

• IMG_20221114_202436.jpg
    IMG_20221114_202436.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20221114_202428.jpg
    IMG_20221114_202428.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Sounds awesome I also mixed up my armor a bit, by using the halo odst cqc shoulder and making a custom pouch set up for the chest. Ahh the frustration of failed prints its awful, it worse when you're print is like 80 % and days in.

I like to use a glass bed with some glue stick glue, always seems to stick properly when leveled correctly.

Gotta love noticing a print fail after 6 hours

Darn warping cuz it's cold
What kind of bed are you using and at what temperature. It may not be the temperature of the room that's causing the warp, my printers are in the coldest room of my house and I only get warps from bad bed prep (missing a spot with the glue stick on the glass bed) or lack of cleaning. If your using a plain glass bed using a glue stick or some sort of bed adhesion chemical like SnakeandNape suggested may help. Also keeping your bed clean will help with bed adhesion, just wiping it down with a wet wipe or an alcohol pad on magnetic or PEI glass beds will make a world of difference. I hope that you don't let setbacks get you down too much. Your parts that you just printed also came out great!

DeltaAlphaZulu magnetic pads and you are correct i may have had some oil from my hands or something on the pad i cleaned it after the print before the failure and letit sit a couple days..

im becoming an artist with bed leveling... did an adjustment mid print with the bed moving last night to get layers perfect
plan on getting a magnetic pad for my cr 10 as well.... i dont feel like breaking the massive piece of glass that it came with...lol

DeltaAlphaZulu magnetic pads and you are correct i may have had some oil from my hands or something on the pad i cleaned it after the print before the failure and letit sit a couple days..

im becoming an artist with bed leveling... did an adjustment mid print with the bed moving last night to get layers perfect
plan on getting a magnetic pad for my cr 10 as well.... i dont feel like breaking the massive piece of glass that it came with...lol
Which CR-10 did you get? Good to hear your cleaning it, just be careful with how long you let it sit before printing. Dust build-up can impact your bed adhesion as well! I would always recommend some sort of alcohol cleaning while you let the bed heat up to make sure your printer is print ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back