Daflea's Iron Man Build WiP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used that exact cutter before and I would really like to know how you got it to cut out the design, but not on the fold lines or the like. I wouldn't think perforating the valley and mountain folds would do wonders for the structural integrity of the pep piece.

I've used that exact cutter before and I would really like to know how you got it to cut out the design, but not on the fold lines or the like. I wouldn't think perforating the valley and mountain folds would do wonders for the structural integrity of the pep piece.

Check out a video I did showing how to use the cutter for pepping..

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking nice, man. Just ordered my Silhouette SD for $199 including one-day shipping. Anyway, really nice pep work. Everything turned out really clean and crisp. Can't wait to see more progress!

Looking nice, man. Just ordered my Silhouette SD for $199 including one-day shipping. Anyway, really nice pep work. Everything turned out really clean and crisp. Can't wait to see more progress!

Good deal... Overall the unit is very nice, I think you will enjoy using it.

Here is another update on the progress...

24.png

23.png

22.png

Keep up the good work, the helmet is coming along nicely! I ecently finished up a dungbeetle helmet for my nephew, here is the link if you would like to check it out. http://www.405th.com/showthread.php/30451-My-first-Iron-Man-Mk.-III-helmet-complete!!!-(Pic-Heavy) If you need any help or have questions, just pm me or post it up and I'll do my best to answer. Good luck with it man!

Thanks.. Yea I remember running across your thread, you did a real nice job with the helmet. I am still toying around with how to get the recessed lines in for detail. I did a trick with my CQB helmet that came out real nice. But the process needs to be refined some becasue its alot of work to keep the edges clean.

For the lines I used masking tape to mark off where I wanted the lines to be, used a sharpie to mark the lines, then pulled the taped and used needle files to file the lines in. Go slow, you will get very crisp clean lines. Hope this helps.

@vshore100

Yea that would be a slow go for sure using a needle file..

@Rob

Thanks man

Here is another quick update..

29.png

30.png

31.png

32.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back