Dallin's Cheap Matchmaking Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
kensai111 said:
I'll see if I can dig up the old link for you. Goodluck.

Cheers,
Kensai
I'm curious. $30-35? That aint half bad. I would be very appreciative if you searched the forerunner articles for it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Slimguy379 said:
but im curious now, is there any wheres someone has found resin cheaper than walmart?

For resin, I usually buy mine at AutoZone for around $35/gallon. I'm sure WalMart would be cheaper if they sold resin by the gallon, but by me they only sell it by the quart for $11.

Hey Guys,

Last night, I finished putting on the Hayabusa attatchment on and I will have pics up tonight!!!

Wone tinsy-winsy pwobwem toh! I wasn't able to get online yesterday, and Spartan 2, I JUST CUT THE HINGE!!!! AAAAH!!! ;) :oops:

Well I guess Im just gonna have to live with it. I guess I can just Temporarily hotglue it together and then Resin It. So what did you say Ytturim? Does autozone have the cheapest price? A gallon or two can really help me out!!!.

Well, recently, Ive decided I can live without bondo. I will just brew up something else.

As I will be saving up for resin and Halo 3: ODST, I will think of some Ideas. (IM STILL FLIPPIN BROKE!!!! )

dpchief216 said:
Hey Guys,

Last night, I finished putting on the Hayabusa attatchment on and I will have pics up tonight!!!

Wone tinsy-winsy pwobwem toh! I wasn't able to get online yesterday, and Spartan 2, I JUST CUT THE HINGE!!!! AAAAH!!! ;) :oops:

Well I guess Im just gonna have to live with it. I guess I can just Temporarily hotglue it together and then Resin It. So what did you say Ytturim? Does autozone have the cheapest price? A gallon or two can really help me out!!!.

Well, recently, Ive decided I can live without bondo. I will just brew up something else.

As I will be saving up for resin and Halo 3: ODST, I will think of some Ideas. (IM STILL FLIPPIN BROKE!!!! )

Sure, sure. "Couldn't get online". Uh-huh. You just didn't want to listen to me, lol. Tsk, tsk... (n)

Honestly, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. My understanding is that it's just easier to keep it one piece while initially resining/fiberglassing it, to help it keep the proper shape. But, I would imagine hot-gluing it together while hardening the chest armour will work just fine :cool:

Hey guys, I just finished pepping my helmet and AR!!

[attachment=9182:Dallin_armor_2.jpg]

Also, I put the hayabusa attatchment on my armor. It was a pain in the BUTT!!!! ;)

[attachment=9183:Dallin_armor_1.jpg]

But one dang problem. I paper mached the back on the inside, and while I was at school, MY DOG ATE THE BACK OF MY ARMOR!!!! I am still cursed by the thought of, "HOW THE HECK DID SHE GET UP ON MY SHELF!?!?!? THAT THING IS TOO FLIPPIN HIGH!!!!!!"

[attachment=9184:Dallin_armor_3.jpg]

Well, I just have to Salvage all the parts I can and Restart.

kensai111 said:
Sorry it took me a day or two but I was busy with the new e-zine format. Anyhow here's the cheapest quality armor I've ever seen:
http://www.hlfallout.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=60746

Maybe something in there can help you. Good luck.

Cheers,
Kensai
That was the First Halo Armor build I had EVER seen in my life. I think this guy was the one who got Really sparked up. Then when I saw Tim's (Timecon's) work, I wen't, "OK, NOW IM FOR SURE BULDING MYSELF ARMOR!!!"
So that website first got me started up.

dpchief216 said:
That was the First Halo Armor build I had EVER seen in my life. I think this guy was the one who got Really sparked up. Then when I saw Tim's (Timecon's) work, I wen't, "OK, NOW IM FOR SURE BULDING MYSELF ARMOR!!!"

glad I could bring you into the light lol J/k good job so far

Hey guys,

New update. I have recently pepped my back armor (AGAIN!!! Thanks to Mimi!!!) and I have paper mache'd it today. My hands are still pretty messy . But one problem, black storm cloud came back. I saved My armor just in time to hang it in my room and let it dry there. That's how my 2nd helmet got destroyed *Audience like o_O* (What? I didn't Tell you?) So i am going to pep my next helmet (#3) and I will have it paper mache'd by (I hope) next weekend.

Thanks,
Dallin

Hey guys,
I have some questions. 'Bout how much is bondo at some places. I am looking, but I want to find out some good prices for It. And I could probably look At Timecon's stuff for detailing. I have ton's of Painting tape from when We were painting the house several months ago. So do you have any good prices on bondo?

Let me know,
Dallin

I buy my Bondo at WalMart (mostly because I work there and get a 10% discount :p ) and it costs something like $18 or so for a Gallon of Bondo. Good buy in my opinion.

Hey Guys,

I was thinking something. Maybe I can try putting, like, a special back pack on the back of my Torso. I have found tons of Cardboard in my old room, so I probably could make a backpack that attatches to my torso armor. I could Paint It Black or Grey, Put the UNSC symbol on It, Make it open and Stuff, ETC.

Oh, and If you want another update, I am halfway finished of pepping My THIRD helmet. So If you want pics, they will probably be up by tomorrow or tonight.

Also, I have a 9th Grade Dance this friday (But Lagoon day would be alot better, but nooo, they had to CANCEL THE DANG THING EVEN THOUGH US STUDENTS ARE THE ONES WHO PAY FOR THE F$#^$ING THING!!!! ). Any way, I can't wait for any dances (Even though when we are dancing, Keep "Book-of-Mormon-lying-flat" distance, or the seminary teacher will spray us with a spray bottle [it aint fun]) So anyway, wish me luck on my armor.

Hey Guys,

I have another update. I am now about 20 dollars richer, and I am going to buy a few things later. I have just remembered that I have used bondo before in my woods class for the Electric Guitar I built (It works, but I am thinking of doing a new paintjob.) and I have some vital experience I need. 2nd, I realized that the helmet that I built was Master Chief's size, so I am now working on the other, harder file that I worked with before :rolleyes . So now all I need to do is to pep it, then I will finish my pelvis peppakura this weekend at the latest.

New Update!!!! I have finished pepping my fourth Helmet!!!! Good thing is, I have pics!!!

[attachment=9416:Dallin_Spartan_1.jpg]
Front View!!!!

[attachment=9417:Dallin_Spartan_2.jpg]
Side View!!!!

So tell me what you guys think!!!!

dpchief216 said:

Thats exactly what happened to me when I saw that site a long time ago! I though that armor was the best there was, and then I cam here and I said "OMGWTFBBQFTW" and joined.

Well guys,

My stuff was totally destroyed, so I had given up on this armor build. So Now I am doing better stuff, like HD and actual resin. I guess I will have to start another thread. I think I will use SkullCandyGirl's Aqua Resin method or maybe the Hotglue Method. But for now, Paper Mache is DEAD! No more Cheap armor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back