Damn grades

Status
Not open for further replies.
lionheart912 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, and this is just off the top of my head, but doesn't CO2 only make up less than 1% of the air we breathe? That's what it used to be back in the early 1900's. Right now we're sitting at almost 2.5% We are currently in what is known as an Icehouse planet stage, mainly we have permenant ice at the poles. Once CO2 hits 8% with proper solar output, the earth will transcend into a Greenhouse stage. Sealevel will be raised (no more continental glaciers, only alpine), climate patterns will shift. But it's not the end of the world.

Also, I've heard that one volcanic eruption gives off more carbon emissions than anything mankind has ever pumped into the atmosphere. One good eruption will be more than lets say the US puts out for a year or so. The problem is that volcanic activity is much less now than it was even a couple thousand years ago (partly due to current obliquity of our orbit, less push and pull on the planet means less pressure is releaved at the surface). So we're picking up a little of the slack so to speak.

Now I know your a geologist, so you know your stuff, and if thats true, it seems like we have a very minute part in "Global Warming". I hope so. But we have to keep studying it to be sure. We can't really afford to be wrong.

Sorry for being a Hijacker.

OT- I get kicked out of my program if I have a less than 3.5 average.

And advanced statistics is a bitch!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would freak if I got a B right now, lol. I've had straight A's through High School, and college so far. I like my 4.0 GPA!

untitled-5.jpg

Hehe

And no, i dont have a first period, so school actually "starts" for me every morning at 10am

Global warming is an opinion. People believe in it so much as they do god that they think its real. Also the guy who created the weather channel says its fake. The earth has also been hotter than it currently is 10 times b4. Also we have gone past a certain point were not many scientists will chose to go against global warming for fear of being discredited as a man of science. You tube it and you will find tons on it. If you type global warming in google all you will find on how real it is or how we can stop it. Nothing on the truth.Also about the ice cap b/s. If i have a glass of ice water...and the ice melts will the cup overflow? No ov course not. The ice we should be worrying about is that in mountains and shelves. Mar's temperature is raising just as fast as ours btw. And on a final note...you guys are saying<who believe in gw> that man can effect global climate?! No possible way unless we can control gravity. We can however pretty much control local climate but not global climate.

Heh, want to trade? I probably could have straight A's but I don't have the attention span...and I don't really give a damn.

straight A's on first term, top student in math...science not a biggy, got top in that last year.
the only thing that im weak at is physical education, ie GYM! and english lit. and social studies/history...
why do we need to know about our history? of course we are bound to make the same mistakes but if we know them, then by all means tell them to me before i shove a bomb up the guys pants!
PE is just a waste of my time...i go to work at MCDonald's and my budget sustains my 15 yr old life completely...and every freaking day is a workout!
all im saying is, they are making such things a necessary to go to university and even graduate for example. arent we all just wanna sit down, have a drink of coffee and play some halo while we are there?? the only reason im getting pissed off at PE is i always get a 'B'. not a good sign but hey, its better than a C+.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back