Dancin_Fool's 3D Model Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a heads up, I had to download each one about four times before they came up as the proper file. Perhaps my comps playing up, or perhaps 4shared is squiffy?

Hey guys, just thought I'd throw up a WIP of the neck piece. I think I'm happy with the general shape. I'm starting to finish the detailing and final tweaking. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or concerns about the design.

ironarmordec28.jpg

Dancin_Fool said:
Hey guys, just thought I'd throw up a WIP of the neck piece. I think I'm happy with the general shape. I'm starting to finish the detailing and final tweaking. Let me know if you guys have any suggestions or concerns about the design.

ironarmordec28.jpg

I love it can't wait to add it to my suit thanks, by the way If your decideing on what to do next I vote thighs. Aanyway l almost have supermanExtreme1 back unfold built reinforced with a thinner cardboard, I haven't had a chance to look at robostar unfold but I'm sure it's great. Should have it done tomorrow sometime. Keep up the great work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Loving it looks really good.

If there is a vote option going I'd say finish the shoulder bells and work your way down :)

carnage said:
Loving it looks really good.

If there is a vote option going I'd say finish the shoulder bells and work your way down :)

Yep, I agree on the shoulder bells first, then the abs and cod section.

That is if you are going to go that far with this model, fingers crossed that you do.

Might I just add that the neck is looking great and I can't wait to get a good look at it.

Hey Timecon, you're missing nothing, whichever one you use you will still end up with DF's great back torso model.

Glad everyone's liking how the neck seal is looking. I'll hopefully have something up in the next day or two. My plan of attack at the moment going forward is to finish off the upper body and then start working my way down. My plan is to eventually have the entire suit modeled.

I decided to do some more work on the shoulders before I finish up the neck seal. I've designed the shoulders as 2 pieces, the inner shoulder bell should rotate around connecting at the small cylinder capsule pieces that are in the corners of the shoulder.

ironarmordec29.jpg

Alright, I know I said the next file would be the neck seal but once I got going on the shoulders I just couldn't stop lol. I've updated the first post with a link to the unfold. The lower part fits inside the upper part and rotates around, from my observations this appears to be how the shoulder works in the movie.

ironmanshoulder.jpg

This is really coming together now DF,I just hope one of us can do it justice in our builds.

Hey, so you did the bells first, we're still a few parts closer to a complete model.:)

Thanks guys, I'm really happy with how this build is turning out. If there's any critiques or concerns about how things will translate to the real world please let me know.

Totally forgot about those, I'll add them in either tomorrow or the next day, also quick update the bicep is about 80% done and the neck is being unfolded.

cool cant wait to see what you have instore for us next ... I just started making the helmet and then on to the body ...just wondering on how to scale it correctly though?

Hey Carnage, I estimated the scale for myself at 6" to be around 1.525.

I've updated the first post with the file for the neck piece. I've also done a fair bit of work on the bicep, though I want to finish the whole arm before I upload the pieces just in case anything needs adjusting.

ironarmorjan3.jpg

Oh my days, this just keeps getting better and better DF.

I think you have placed helmet too far down the neck for the screenshot though.

Rebostar said:
Oh my days, this just keeps getting better and better DF.

I think you have placed helmet too far down the neck for the screenshot though.

Yeah, I'll try moving it up a little bit. Hopefully the neck isn't too short, I look forward to getting some feedback once a few people have built it and can let me know what needs to be adjusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back