Dancin_Fool's 3D Model Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, nice work, I have some question about scaling, if i want to make a suit for a person 5'10" tall. How large do have to scaling? How i do it in the file?

ArmouredApostle said:
While your files are in a long queue of awesome builds to attempt, in my experience the extra details are a super pain in the butt. And yet it looks so much better on the pep, and the challenge is fun. Is it so hard for us to rise to the challenge?

Yes, it is quite a challenge :) Not saying we can't rise to it... Your models are still awesome DF. :)

As far as the pelvis goes, (I'm printing it now) I plan to fix the grooves in the bondo stage with foamies. If anyone has any other suggestions PM me :)

No offense DF, but I went with DB's lower forearm and frankenpepped it with the rest of your arm :)

---Stonewall

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Guys,

I have another one ready to be unfolded. I'm still not 100% happy with it but I can't tweak it forever. If anyone has any critiques please let me know, or if there's any issues with it after building like it needs to be a bit wider or anything, please let me know.

ironarmormar20.jpg

ironarmormar20b.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/246573907/7c64ff37/IronMan_Thigh.html

Your the man buddy. :) Ahh third times the charm though right. I'll let you know tomorrow night what it looks like an if there any issues at all.:)

Dancin_Fool said:
Hey Guys,

I have another one ready to be unfolded. I'm still not 100% happy with it but I can't tweak it forever. If anyone has any critiques please let me know, or if there's any issues with it after building like it needs to be a bit wider or anything, please let me know.

ironarmormar20.jpg

ironarmormar20b.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/246573907/7c64ff37/IronMan_Thigh.html

Oh my God! Dancin_Fool you are my hero! You have no clue how much I was waiting for a little update from you and you pulled it :D. I will try to unfold the thigh for ya but i'm thinking Brother's Darkness will get it covered. Thanks so much Dancin and I can't until whatever is next!

I might have to make some adjustments to it though. Finhead is doing a build of it right now but it looks like it might be a little too short. So I'll hopefully have an update before the end of the night based on his feedback.

Dancin_Fool said:
I might have to make some adjustments to it though. Finhead is doing a build of it right now but it looks like it might be a little too short. So I'll hopefully have an update before the end of the night based on his feedback.

Alright i'll unfold it anyway just in case its perfect :D

Dancin_Fool said:
Alright so I think that thigh is good to go. I talked to Finhead and he was wondering about the area between the thigh and the pelvis. I was gonna just add it to the thigh but I think I'll keep it seperate as it allows each person to kinda place it as they need to fill in the gap between the thigh and the pelvis. The picture below illustrates the piece I'm talking about.

ironarmormar21.jpg

http://www.4shared.com/file/247256522/c14e0800/ThighAdditions.html

Thanks for getting that done so quick your the man. I sent you an email with some pics. :) It's a good looking piece has a nice contour at the bottom around the knee area. :coolOff to filp and print another.

Dancin_Fool great job, When any time you made a new adjustment, The pep files in the first page get the upgrade?

Sorry for my bad and broken english.

Yup I always update the first post with the latest files, though I haven't had a chance to add the thigh extensions yet.

For anyone that is wondering or wants to see what DF's thigh and extension looks like built HERE it is. It's the very best and very, very accurate. This will be the set I go with after building 3 different versions. Most of my armor is from DF so If your curious to see what his IronMan files llok like built just check out the rest of the thread as well.

BIG thumbs up to DF for getting these done and for putting all the time in. ;) :cool

Stonewall said:
Has anyone unfolded the thigh and extensions? I kinda suck at unfolding and I don't have a password :p

Thanks in advance,

---Stonewall

Posted up in my thread. Pep em up.:)

So I downloaded the thigh and thigh additions .pdo files, but when I try to open them there is "no data for developement" and I do not see any of the individual pep pieces on the right side of the file...is that suppose to happen?

Man... Your armor is awesome... I cnt wait to see finished model.

Hmm... You need hands, ab, and boots. Keep up good work.

So I downloaded the thigh and thigh additions .pdo files, but when I try to open them there is "no data for developement" and I do not see any of the individual pep pieces on the right side of the file...is that suppose to happen?

That's because it's not unfolded yet. If you want an unfolded version check the first post in my build thread all ready to go. :)

Buxzzix said:
Man... Your armor is awesome... I cnt wait to see finished model.

Hmm... You need hands, ab, and boots. Keep up good work.

Don't want to speak out of turn here, but guys Give DF some space. He's getting married soon has other things to take care of, this is I'm sure the least of his worries right now. ;) If any of you guys "NEED" the other files that DF has not finished let me know, we can see if any of the ones I'm using will work for you. :cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back