Daybreakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

xalener

Just saw it today. It requires a High tolerance for satyrical absurdity, (a plus for me) but other than that, it was FREAKING AWESOME.

Story was executed well, it has many layers. You need to remember small details at the beginning of the movie that pay off later.

The acting was... dramatic... But it NEEDED to be that way.

I also like that they include AlL old school vamp mythos into this movie (cept garlic), including the fact that they can't have a reflection.

It didn't blow me away, but it didn't need to. I like the spereig brother's work. After seeing this, I could see them directing the Gears of War movie :p

I've had my concerns about seeing the movie.. but I do like me some vampire movies. :] Sans Twilight, of course. *barf*

Anyone else have any opinions to throw in? I'll probably go see it once I hit the States again, but I need to know whether to wait for the cheaper theatre. Lol.

I loved this movie. It felt like it could have been a sequel to the I Am Legend novel (which is vastly different from the movie version). Basically if you like vampires and hate Twilight, you will like Daybreakers. There are a few scenes where vampires get exposed to the sun, and well.....they dont sparkle ;)

Drakku said:
I've had my concerns about seeing the movie.. but I do like me some vampire movies. :] Sans Twilight, of course. *barf*

Anyone else have any opinions to throw in? I'll probably go see it once I hit the States again, but I need to know whether to wait for the cheaper theatre. Lol.

Yeah, here's one...

F***ING SEE IT.

Last edited by a moderator:
corby said:
I loved this movie. It felt like it could have been a sequel to the I Am Legend novel (which is vastly different from the movie version). Basically if you like vampires and hate Twilight, you will like Daybreakers. There are a few scenes where vampires get exposed to the sun, and well.....they dont sparkle ;)

I have to admit, when I went to see this (twilight) because my cousin said it was so amazing, I was taking the whole movie very seriously. but when they pulled that sparkly vampire stunt, I shot soda out my nose and couldnt stop coughing/laughing. There is nothing scary about a sparkly vampire, so I bet I will love Daybreakers.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya

definetly a great movie you you don't like the twlight movies

although the girl i went to see this with was into the twilight stuff(before it went popular) and she digged it so i would have to say, definetly a good movie overall

and an intresting take on the vamp mythology behind it

throughly enjoyed it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back