Deployment Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masterchief0624

Member DIN
S124
Attention Soldiers, the 405th's Deployment Process has been rolled out to all members.

If you have a completed costume, fulfill the requirements of having 90 days and 50 posts, and are 18 years old, you can fill out the Deployment Application Here: http://www.405th.com/forms.php?do=form&fid=2.

You will also need to submit your application photos to deployment@405th.com. The photos need to be clear enough to show detail and full length from the front, back and each side and should ideally be in front of a neutral background - like a blank wall etc. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FORUM NAME AND REAL NAME IN YOUR EMAIL SO THAT IT IS EASY TO MATCH UP YOUR PHOTOS WITH YOUR FORUM APPLICATION.

Division will review your photos along with your form and be in contact with you should they have any questions or require more information or clearer pictures. This contact will happen by email. Please note that currently there are only two Division Membership Officers, so it may take up to a week or a little longer to here back from Division.

Division will then place your gear within one of the 3 Tiers based on the following:

Tier 1
a. Armor fits adequately.
b. Soft parts may or may not match game/screen references.
c. Armor seams may be more prominent than shown in game/screen references.
d. Footwear is adequate but may not match game/screen references.
e. Detailing is present but perhaps not complete.
f. Note: The average Halo fan may notice some differences with the references.

Tier 2
a. Armor fits well and is strapped/attached well to accommodate movement etc.
b. Armor seams are adequately hidden from a distance of 10 feet.
c. Edges give the impression that it is armor, and not plastic/foam/resin etc.
d. Soft parts are closer to being game/screen accurate.
e. Paint properly reflects the desired “look” but may require some more refining.
f. Footwear is appropriate to the costume.
g. No major detailing missing and most minor details are present.
h. Note: The average Halo fan is likely not going to notice differences with the references without close inspection.

Tier 3
a. Armor fit and strapping are not an issue.
b. Armor seams are not evident even within 5 feet.
c. Edges are near to flawless and give the impression that it is armor and not plastic/foam/resin etc.
d. Soft parts fit the wearer properly to the desired character and game/screen accurate in terms of detailing
e. Paint and detailing matches the desired “look” of the referenced images.
f. Footwear matches the game/screen reference.
g. Most major and Minor Details are present.
h. Note: Costumes at this level will appear to have walked right out of the game. Even so, it is overall fit and look that allows a member to achieve this level and not a need for every detail to be perfect down to the smallest degree.

If you have any questions about the process please feel free to ask them here, I was one of the test participants for the Deployment application process.

Additionally, if you would like feedback on your costume before you submit it, feel free to post here, or to send myself, Rusty or Bryan.

I'm curious about one thing. Let's say someone purchases or commissions a tier 3 level suit, does that make them a tier 3, even if they've never built anything themselves? We have lots of very active members that have been working on honing their abilities for some time that may not yet qualify as tier 3, but are certainly putting in the effort. Just curious.

Hello BMP Props!

The Tier system is based on quality and fit. We don't judge tier levels based on how each member arrives at that quality and fit. It's up to each member to determine where their pride is.

For some it means building every little bitty piece. For others it means building some and buying some. Others though have pride in ownership and the whole trooping process. For them it's not about building - it's about wearing and sharing their love of Halo. It doesn't matter to them how they get to the wearing and sharing....they just want to do it.

None of those ways are wrong, and we're never going to judge people on that choice. As a community we certainly want to encourage people to try their hand at doing things themselves and to learn from all of the great talent we have here, but it's not wrong for them to buy.

I know that not everyone agrees with this, and that's okay. No one is losing a Tier 3 spot because they were beat out by someone who bought their gear. If your gear is Tier 3 it's Tier 3. Also, keep in mind, that buying gear from someone else does not guarantee that you get a Tier 3 deployment even if that gear previously was a Tier 3 deployed costume. Fit is very important in determining Tiers and something made for you either by yourself or someone else is always going to fit you better than something that was built to fit someone else.

My fear in making this a rule is that people will start questioning those with really great gear about whether they actually built it. That can get ugly super fast and I just can't imagine this situation ever being important enough to warrant that kind of ugliness.

Anyway, as I said, I know that some don't agree with me on this, and I'm sorry that you don't, but it is the way that it is. I'd rather spend our efforts on encouraging pride in general, not determining who's version of pride is more correct. Perhaps we can come up with other ways to celebrate the pride in creating on your own. Suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have some questions. First, I'd like to say I still very new to this group but am familiar with being a member of the 501st and their membership requirements. Currently I "think" I'm already considered a member of the 405th, specifically the Southern Regiment. Will this change my status? I know a lot of people in this group have "custom" builds, how are custom builds measured in comparison to game accurate costumes?

Evolver79 To hit up your questions, if you are a member of the forums of good standing, who has passed the recruitment stage, aka 90 days and 50 constructive posts, you are considered a tier B member of the 405th. A Tier C member is a member of good standing who is part of a regiment and is ACTIVE in that regiment. Activity is within the Regimental Commander's pervue. A tier D member is what the Deployment is about,. They are a member who is in good standing, is active in a regiment, and has a costume that has been deemed approved by Divisional staff.

Within the tier D level of membership, there are 3 tiers of approval. Tier 1 is a costume that has most of the parts right, looks to fit, and decently well made. Tier 2 is a bit more cannon accurate, and better made and fit. Tier 3 looks like it could have come from the cannon source.

Now, most armors will be considered custom, and not a face character. A face character is someone who is canonically in game/ movie/ promo art from a cannon source. Some examples of this are Dr. Halsey. Master Chief, SSgt. Avery Johnson, and Cortana. If you are making a true Face character costume it MUST fall into the tier 3 category of costume completion and approval. Other wise you will be placed as either a tier 1 or 2 of a custom spartan, ODST, marine, tech, scientist, or AI.

Ashuraa, thank you for clarifying. I appreciate the help. My build should be compete within the month, I'll submit mi pics and application.

Keep in mind though that customs MUST be able to exist in game. You can't mix armor and helmets together that you are unable to do so in game. Custom Mash Ups - eg: Captain America ODST must be a complete ODST costume with Captain America stuff on top of that. Hopefully that helps with any questions about customs that are deployable.

I guess one question I have is if face type characters include the ones from Red Vs Blue, as my armor is Church from Season 1.

I guess one question I have is if face type characters include the ones from Red Vs Blue, as my armor is Church from Season 1.

I am going to say more than likely that to be deployed as Church from RvB it will have to be a tier 3 costume. mothmonty FANGS Masterchief0624 would have the best answer on this.

Ok I understand the physical cannon fitting and custom piece mash up, but as far as color schemes?...

Color is very open. There are already so many options in the games that as long as it is painted well it should be fine. This falls under the custom portion. Venom, Carnage are obviously not cannon color schemes, but as long as the armor is from Halo, and can be referenced to the game, or other cannon, then the paint job is what ever you want it to be.

Lonnolan the characters from RVB would be considered face characters and would fall under the same guidelines as any of the other face characters from the Halo Universe.

Just checking in. I sent in my deployment application on 6/24. I have not heard back, how are we informed once a tier level has been determined, or if you need additional information or pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you will get an email with information. I think there backed up right now. I sent My ODST in about the same time frame and haven't heard anything yet.

JD. Go to the top of the page and under application forms you will find the online version. Click and your off and running!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back