Do i need a respirator for bondo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You dont need a resperator, use it in a well ventilated area you will be fine, you want to wear a dust mask when you sand it, the particulates are only classified as a "nusance dust" so its safe to be around IE- not carcinogenic but can probably still lead to irritated lung syndromes like sarcoidosis (which I've had)

Then why was the same topic posted twice...?

For as long as this question keeps being asked, my response will be the same.

Please use a respirator.
It's in the stickies, multiple times.
I have one, it only cost me about $20 at Fred Meyers (kinda like a target or a wal-mart for those of you who don't know)
If you say it's too much, think about the thousands of dollars that you'll spend trying to treat your lung cancer when you're 60.
Here, I'll make it even easier. $13

I took mine off while I was resining, just cause it was uncomfortable, and I became really light headed. Just use it and save a few thousand of your brain cells.

Is the world really coming to an end. Am I really reading what I think I am reading.

It takes alot to get me mad and irked. Now I am mad and irked. IF YOU DONT HAVE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH CHEMICALS THEN EITHER a)DONT USE THEM. OR :cool: USE THEM WITH SAFETY. IF YOU HAVE LITTLE EXPERIENCE WITH BONDO, RESIN, OR FIBERGLASS, OR ANY CHEMICALS AT THAT, THEN DONT RECOMEND WHAT SAFETY PROCEDURES SHOULD BE USED.

For the last time READ MY DAMN WARNING

WEAR A FRICKIN RESPIRATOR WHEN USING ANY DAMN CHEMICAL. RESIN IS EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE TELLING YOU TO NOT WEAR ONE AND WEAR JUST A DUST MASK. NERVOUS SYSTEM DAMAGE IS THE WORST THING YOU CAN EVER HAVE, YES, EVEN WORSE THAN CANCER. YOU MIGHT BE FINE RIGHT NOW BUT IN 30 YEARS YOU WILL BE SO SCREWED UP THAT YOU CANT MOVE AROUND. PLEASE WEAR ONE. THIS NEEDS TO BE KNOWN SO THAT INEXPERIENCED PEOPLE DONT RECIEVE OR GIVE OUT BAD INFORMATION. BONDO CONTAINS CHEAP RESIN, RESIN HAS HARMFUL CHEMICALS THAT CAN AND WILL DAMAGE YOUR BODY. YOU CAN EVEN GET CANCER AS WELL.

WEAR A FRICKIN RESPIRATOR WHEN USING ANY DAMN CHEMICAL. RESIN IS EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS. DO NOT LISTEN TO ANYONE TELLING YOU TO NOT WEAR ONE AND WEAR JUST A DUST MASK. NERVOUS SYSTEM DAMAGE IS THE WORST THING YOU CAN EVER HAVE, YES, EVEN WORSE THAN CANCER. YOU MIGHT BE FINE RIGHT NOW BUT IN 30 YEARS YOU WILL BE SO SCREWED UP THAT YOU CANT MOVE AROUND. PLEASE WEAR ONE. THIS NEEDS TO BE KNOWN SO THAT INEXPERIENCED PEOPLE DONT RECIEVE OR GIVE OUT BAD INFORMATION. BONDO CONTAINS CHEAP RESIN, RESIN HAS HARMFUL CHEMICALS THAT CAN AND WILL DAMAGE YOUR BODY. YOU CAN EVEN GET CANCER AS WELL.

This is what resin will do to you with no respirator and even with a dust mask

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mXO6khqGKE

the description says what antipsychotic drugs do, but its nervous system damage and nervous system damage is nervous system damage, it does not change.

Edit- oh and also nervous system damage not only affects movement but in some cases inflicts pain, yes PAIN.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that about wraps up this latest respirator tirade. Check back with us in two weeks when someone ONCE AGAIN WILL ASK THE SAME DAMN QUESTION WE'VE ANSWERED OVER AND OVER AGAIN!

Locked and loaded.

Well put Sean, From now on we should just lock every topic that ask's something thats already been answered plenty of times. Then link them to the search button and let them find it on their own :/.

-Doom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back