Dragon*Con 2014 405th Dinner - NEW UPDATE, PLEASE READ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Dragon*Con 2014 - 405th Dinner **GIVEAWAYS**

Have a Gotham City photoshoot at 6PM but we'll head over there just as soon as that's done.

Preston, we will do the raffle after foods, so don't super rush, but we will have a spot for you and the misses, and kiddos I presume?

Updating the list now folks. as well as more details.

Thanks! No kiddos this time around. We're doing SLCC with the littlest one and even grandparents right after DragonCon. :) Did ECCC earlier this year with the whole family.

Speaking of the kiddos however I finally put up a page to share how much fun we have costuming together as a family: https://www.facebook.com/ThorneFamilyCostuming

Thought that occurred to me today. In the 501st there is often a practice of extending an invitation to the group dinner to any Star Wars guests at that specific convention.

In that same vein, do you guys want to try and reach out and invite Steve Downes (The Chief), Tim Dadabo (Guilty Spark), and Courtenay Taylor (Serina) to the dinner?

Not to second guess anyone, but last year the manager told us of we were going to come back with a large group to contact them to ensure seating.. With this many possible attendees we might want to do that. I live here in the area and would be willing to make the call if no one else has yet.

I like Friday better and would love to be at those two panels also. :)
Even though my armor is not custom/fiberglass made, it has been heavily modified from what Microsoft produced some years ago. I could at least talk about what I did to enhance it, might give others new ideas. :)

I've done the same thing. I got rid of the inner suit and replaced it with motorcycle armor to help bulk me out and then added a police belt for gear (and to hide my apparently ever-growing gut). It'll be fun to compare suits. Mine is disintegrating after six years of wear and tear, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Not to second guess anyone, but last year the manager told us of we were going to come back with a large group to contact them to ensure seating.. With this many possible attendees we might want to do that. I live here in the area and would be willing to make the call if no one else has yet.

I'd do that, if only to let them know to expect a restaurant full of hungry Spartans...

- - - Updated - - -

Thought that occurred to me today. In the 501st there is often a practice of extending an invitation to the group dinner to any Star Wars guests at that specific convention.

In that same vein, do you guys want to try and reach out and invite Steve Downes (The Chief), Tim Dadabo (Guilty Spark), and Courtenay Taylor (Serina) to the dinner?

I think that's an awesome idea, personally. They might not have anything happening that night and would probably enjoy a "non-con-demanded" dinner with some fans "off-the-clock" as it were.

Calling mellow mushroom to give them heads up.. Also will cast something for the raffle as we'll not sure what just yet have to check the mold pile.. But leaning towards war master lid.

calladar, get with me offline in PMs, and if you call, let them know so far we have a group of 45.

That would be totally awesome if we could get some celebs too, I call dibbs on sitting next to Steve! hehe,
I'd say they might be more inclined to do the dinner with us if we all chip in to pay for them, or the select few who can chip in for them do (know not everyone will have extra money for the con).
Honestly, just having them there would be so incredible!
Can't believe we have 45 peeps already!

Well, if you can get those voice actors to the dinner, we will take care of their meal for them. But if someone (|| Noble 6 ||) can get in touch with them, then lets get them there!

If my sister was going as a handler for one of the actors she goes to cons for typically, I'd say I'd have a connection to patch thru already, I'll ask her to see what she can come up with. :)
no promises though. otherwise we just need to contact the handlers for them and have them ask the celebs if they want, or can do it. We don't know their full obligations or if they already have dinner plans with other people yet.

Can I be added to the list please?

Also, add Icon Props (Jim McCrea)

I may show up with +1 or 2, Obellist might show, as well as my beautiful wife :D
(mad scramble to finish ONI Recon BDU)

Okay so we are working hard to get there. So go ahead and list us as tentative...Asgardianhammer + 3

Bear with me guys and gals as well, I will be updating the numbers throughout the day to be more complete and accurate. And yes, as of now it is Friday, meetup at 6:15 in the Marriott Lobby, and then continue from there expediently to the Mellow Mushroom.

It is about 3 blocks away, which a 5 person cab ride is about 5 bucks... so I WILL BE DOING THAT, because I'm lazy.

Probably what my +2 will want to do as well. They don't like walking.

Will update the list today guys. But we need to look at other options of restaurants, Mellow Mushroom is giving us a run around about allowing us to reserve an area. Please lets discuss other options, like Hooters, Max Lagers, Hard Rock?

I'm good with any restaurant. I'll eat at whatever place can hold us. I'm looking forward to hanging out with you awesome people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back