dragon*con parade for 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to thank me at all. I consider it my honour to be able to help others and was just happy to see you return to a normal skin colour. You had me worried there, my friend!

I would just like to give a shout out to FANGS for being such an awesome support person for us during the parade! She was a great help to everyone and especially to me.
I almost went down from heat exhaustion at the end of the walk and she provided me with the much needed water and Gatorade to get me feeling better.
I seriously can't thank her enough and definitely owe her one!! Thank you so much for being such a sweet and caring person, it was my absolute pleasure to have met you!

It was definitely my pleasure to have been able to meet so many of you. I've been part of many parades as both a marcher and as a support person and I can definitely say that you guys were a ton of fun! You all represented this group so well and enjoyed yourself at the same time. I was proud to have been a part of such a wonderful group of people! It was pretty amazing to hear people chanting Halo! Halo! Halo!

Huge thanks for link4044 for organzing for us and for hearding all of the cats to the shuttle bus. I know you said you've done it for awhile so it's no big deal but I firmly believe that every person that gives of their time to this group should be thanked whether it be the first time or the 100th time.

Forgive me if I get this next name incorrect but Blaine Self (Blackblood ??) played a huge roll in making sure you all looked your best during the parade and that you had easy access to water. Battery operated glue gun magic rescued a few of you and he also deserves a great deal of thanks from us.

Nicely done all! Now let's keep building and growing so we can garner ourselves a sweet staging spot in the shade like the 501st had....hehehe

Last edited by a moderator:
it was so awesome being able to meet and talk to some of you guys for the first time in person, you guys looked awesome in the parade and the photoshoot was fantastic. Heres the video I managed to take of the photoshoot if anyone would like to see.

He was super clutch with that glue gun, fixed my visor falling out and my knee piece losing it's strapping. It was also nice to meet you FANGS!

No need to thank me at all. I consider it my honour to be able to help others and was just happy to see you return to a normal skin colour. You had me worried there, my friend!

It was definitely my pleasure to have been able to meet so many of you. I've been part of many parades as both a marcher and as a support person and I can definitely say that you guys were a ton of fun! You all represented this group so well and enjoyed yourself at the same time. I was proud to have been a part of such a wonderful group of people! It was pretty amazing to hear people chanting Halo! Halo! Halo!

Huge thanks for link4044 for organzing for us and for hearding all of the cats to the shuttle bus. I know you said you've done it for awhile so it's no big deal but I firmly believe that every person that gives of their time to this group should be thanked whether it be the first time or the 100th time.

Forgive me if I get this next name incorrect but Blaine Self (Blackblood ??) played a huge roll in making sure you all looked your best during the parade and that you had easy access to water. Battery operated glue gun magic rescued a few of you and he also deserves a great deal of thanks from us.

Nicely done all! Now let's keep building and growing so we can garner ourselves a sweet staging spot in the shade like the 501st had....hehehe

I haven't seen pictures from the parade or the photo shoot posted anywhere?

I haven't seen pictures from the parade or the photo shoot posted anywhere?
I saw maybe one clip from the parade online. I have some footage from the shoot and parade, and will upload those within the next couple weeks.
Does anyone know where we can upload these? (creating a new thread, adding attachments in here?)

I have several pictures from the photo shoot and a couple from the parade, I posted a few on my facebook and a few other places, but I don't really know where else to post them

Hey guys and gals,

Here's a few random pic compilations I took while at the 2015 DragonCon photoshoot. Sadly, most of the video I took at the parade turned out shaky from all the excited kiddies around me jumping on barricades and the like. Has anyone's memory been enlightened by my unknown presence? Haha!
Anyway, I'll do what I can to get more video stills from that later as I attempt to compile a small video together. (Next year will be the big project for me, and I'll see about coordinating something with the 405th shoot to make it happen.) ;)

If anyone would like the raw, original files or a hidden link to my own experience, feel free to message me and I'll share it, along with a few unlisted D*Con videos uploaded to my channel once I get around to it.

Here's a video of the 405th uploaded by obellist: DragonCon 2015 (This caught me off guard seeing myself in the background taking pictures of you guys, lol.)

Helmet cam provided by Josh Kane: Parade p.o.v.

My personal Dragon*Con recordings

Attachments

• Spartans.JPG
    Spartans.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 327
  • 405th group shot.jpg
    405th group shot.jpg
    343.4 KB · Views: 339
  • 405th group shot2.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 322
  • 405th Photoshoot.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 368
  • 405th Photshoot - Candid.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 355
Soooo... we doing anything this year? 2016? It's my first year going.

There will more than likely be a few things planned for dragon con this year, but we're still pretty far away from it and other people have other cons that are coming up sooner that they're worried about, so just give it a few months and check back, there will be something planned eventually

The parade sign-up opens publicly on Monday, February 15th, 2016. (as per the DragonCon website and Facebook page)

Usually there's someone who always puts the 405th down. Not sure what's happening yet, but there's usually 30+ badges reserved for members who'd like to participate. (Link organized it last year.)

link4044 do you think you could please create a new thread for the 2016 Parade? This way we can reference any one with questions to one place.

and tag the link in a message here for the next parade? I want to sign up and i'm trying to get my local group of non 405th members to come, could have 10-15 more Spartans in the parade that way on top of last years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back