Dry Resin Toxic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deactivyoke

Hello i just started to use resin yester day and the resin is dry but it smells what i pressume is resin is it still toxic? Please answer i need to know.

-.- Cayoke

It shouldn't be... I wouldn't try to inhale it, but... Try leaving it out for a day more, and it'll be 100% fine.

Well, if you knew the "approximacy" of when you used the resin, you should still give it some buffer time to air out the area instead of immediately going out to check the resin.

no it isn't

cuz if it is, How the hell are you suppose to wear it then?(without getting lung diseases or anything)

BobvDijk said:
no it isn't

cuz if it is, How the hell are you suppose to wear it then?(without getting lung diseases or anything)

Excellent point!

Logic. You cannot argue against it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
BobvDijk said:
no it isn't

elkrisp said:
Excellent point!

Logic. You cannot argue against it. :)

The logic fails in this case.

Resin was not invented to be worn as far as I know. Even if it was, that alone does not guarantee that it is non toxic. Several substances through history has been used in close proximity to human beings despite being toxic (knowingly or unknowingly). For example dental fillings made from amalgam and insulation made from asbestos.

AceHigh said:
The logic fails in this case.

Resin was not invented to be worn as far as I know. Even if it was, that alone does not guarantee that it is non toxic. Several substances through history has been used in close proximity to human beings despite being toxic (knowingly or unknowingly). For example dental fillings made from amalgam and insulation made from asbestos.

Well as far as i know, there has never been a case of someone getting hurt from dry resin. Just let it air out and its no worse for you than paint.

Jay123way said:
Well as far as i know, there has never been a case of someone getting hurt from dry resin. Just let it air out and its no worse for you than paint.

Just to be clear, I never said that dry resin is dangerous. I only questioned the logic behind the previous statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back