Ehkru's Wonderous Thread O' Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ehkru

Okay, so I figured it was probably time for a progress thread, with all the excitement and trepidation of updates and pictures and such! I'll be updating regularly as things come together. So firstly, a video with yours truly, followed by some pic-a-tures with the pieces of armour actually on.

So everyone knows, as I say in the video, but incase you don't feel like/can't watch it, I will be using normal-def pep pieces for this particular build, due to time constraints. I have very little time to get at least 75% of the suit up to the painting stage, preferably done, so this time around it will be normal-def for the sake of having the armour complete. However, for the next piece it will be high-def. I am also toying around with the idea of a couple of permutations, primarily on the shoulders, however if I can get some details from a friend I might be able to make a decent EVA Helm. We shall wait and see. There will be a standard Mk. VI for this to begin with, as a safety if you will. The EVA will be an "If I can do it" thing.

-Mike

hey welcome to the forum
cookies out back but watchout for the guy wearing armour
he thinks his a Real spartan (he isn't thou not like the rest of the members)

yay another uk person
so why do you have to get this done oin a short amount of time? (if you don't mind me asking)
looks good so far although the shoulder peice looks slightly to large (could just be the photo tho)

Cheers Advent, good to be becoming more active in the forums.

In regards to the bicep piece, it might be the picture, as it seems to fit fine and looks fairly well proportioned from what I can tell. I might have a couple more pics snapped though, just to be sure.

Also in answer to your question, it needs to be done so soon as I am hoping to be able to ship the pieces State side for early June, as I am visiting my girlfriend (Drakku) for a wedding and we'll have some spare time for working on the armour. Though as to whether or not I ship them ahead of myself, or pay extra for having them as a second piece of luggage and have the security of having them there on the plane with me, I am undecided. Leaning towards paying the extra though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back