Emile EVA helmet build

Status
Not open for further replies.

aktaylorh

Emile EVA helmet build (coming to a close)

Hey guys this is my first project. Credit goes to chwbcc1 for the model. Hope i can get it done before the end of October. My step dad works with fiber glass and plastic so we are going to try and make the visor completely able to see through.
IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0579.jpg

UPDATE: 9/21/2010

got the paper model done. next step is the resin.
IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0585.jpg

UPDATE: 10/8/2010

My new model is built! credit to Chevysrule for the pep file.
IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

On the opening where you can see my hair will be foam. It was too small for me to fit my head through the hole so i cut away a bit.

UPDATE: 10/9/2010

Resined it tonight.

IMG_0611.jpg

My brother is making a helmet too so we did them at the same time.

UPDATE: 10/12/2012

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

More progress. Woot.

UPDATE: 10/24/2010

BOOM

IMG_0652.jpg

IMG_0653.jpg

No where near perfect, but im getting tired of working on it. No one should do this for there first helmet.

UPDATE: 10/25/2010

So here comes the disappointment. I just tried to get my helmet on and it doesn't fit anymore. I just made it a tad to small. The walls aren't every thick so there isn't much i can take out. It wasn't a total loss though. I learned a lot from this experience. Like don't start out with Emile's helmet as your first project. I'm still going to paint it but I'm not going to bother with a visor. I wont be starting a new one anytime soon. I've got a lot of other projects in the making though. Check out my next Big Project

The model is awesome dude. I hope you will get the visor done as you imagine it, that would be savage!
keep up the workm, I'll definitly follow your project.

Looks great! Let me know how the visor works out for you. That's going to be my hardest part. Not sure how I'm going to do mine.

Good looking pep, interested to see how you go about doing the visor though. Post a video or pics when you're doing it!

Definitely looking forward to the visor. Especially with the graphic on the front. Maybe have the graphic like a one way mirror?

Sooo i really screwed up. My sizing was just a bit off... I can get my head in it it just looks strange... I might need a little help figuring out the perfect size for it

You dont have to scarp it, most helmets dont fit unless you trim out the bottom a little bit. In some cases its a good things, that way its not like the helmets going to be massive compared to your head. Snug is where you want it to be. Picture might be good is you think is looks of though.

Ohh i see now. Yea thats small, the whole back of your head is exposed unless you didnt finish it. I would add an inch that, maybe. kinda hard to tell

I would try to add 10% of the original size to the whole helmet. That way it will get bigger and will looks a little bit more massive which vould be cool combined with an armor and if its to big for your head you can still put pads in there to make it fit. Would make the helmet more comfortable too.

I decided to go with a much simpler model. That one took me forever to put together and some of the pieces were extremely small.

Soo i just resined it like 15 minutes ago. I'm going to go over it one more time though. Im using some hardcore resin. My step dad work with the stuff for a living so he's got bucket fulls of it.

Ive got an idea for the visor. Just do what Seamusrocks999 did. after the bondo stage trace a stencil that is printed out and scratch it up a bit. Cut out the eyes and put the visors in there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back