Eva Helm References?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kupokitty

I couldn't find the backside of the EVA helmet in the reference part of the Gallery. Does anyone have any screenshots of the EVA helm's backside? I may attempt to build this weird helmet someday, so I need all the details I can get.

wish i could help you... my xbox now is a man down =( but after i get it fixed i will be getting a lot of reference from the game if you still need it

found a pic that might help you, this should be game accurate but im not sure

EVAback.jpg

beni5o said:
wish i could help you... my xbox now is a man down =( but after i get it fixed i will be getting a lot of reference from the game if you still need it

Alrighty! That'd be great. I'd get some myself, but I don't have a way to get any because my 360 isn't here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played with that Weta EVA helmet today (freakin' awesome BTW), if you want I can see if they'll let me get some photos of it for reference tomorrow. Can't make any promises but it should be cool :)

Belakor, that'd be awesome! When I get a chance to actually start making armor again, I'll figure out how to do this helmet right and make it wearable.

I'll take a few in-game reference pictures in a few minutes and edit this post when I get them.

Edit: Here they are.

98916754-Resized.jpg

98916584-Resized.jpg

98916509-Resized.jpg

98916428-Resized.jpg

How are you going to do the visor? It looks like it has two layers, as most of the other helmets. I'll probably post a picture/video later of what I noticed, thought of to build it, stuff like that.

Queen said:
Belakor, that'd be awesome! When I get a chance to actually start making armor again, I'll figure out how to do this helmet right and make it wearable.

I didn't get a chance today, it was far too busy and I couldn't get anywhere near it, but I'll try again the day after tomorrow (Monday)... probably as everything is being packed up so I don't have to worry about reflections from the glass ;)

ponchato said:
How are you going to do the visor? It looks like it has two layers, as most of the other helmets. I'll probably post a picture/video later of what I noticed, thought of to build it, stuff like that.

I'm going to study up on vacuuforming, and I'll sculpt the visor part over a pepakura base. I've seen someone doing a Daft Punk helmet before, so I'll look at what they did for that helm's stupidly shaped visor-thing. The EVA helmet shouldn't really be too hard after I figure out what to do.

Belakor: Thanks, dude. :B

Edit: I found a picture of the fan-made Daft Punk helmet wip~

3505797211_23092a8fd3.jpg

This guy is doing something similar to how I want to construct the EVA, except I'll be using some Pepakura under all that bondo, and I'm not going to use tinted PETG or whatever. I might just paint it like McFarlane's HellSpartan.

First of about ten EVA helmet photos from this evening, I got to pull them out of the cabinet so I could get some good photos without worrying about reflections from the glass :)

I'll get the rest up when I've had some sleep... I'm pretty shattered right now ;)

4045437503_8b93a1203e_m.jpg

Got a few of the Mk VI and CQB too. They're all really, REALLY awesome and they weigh heaps

Edit: Here's the rest of them:

4045492011_4fcf761189_m.jpg 4046236980_6c9a7dc926_m.jpg

4045491097_f4f6f781a2_m.jpg 4045490069_1095104fc8_m.jpg

4045490749_ff961f159c_m.jpg 4045489723_1eddce5119_m.jpg

4045489317_af05e32f03_m.jpg 4046234460_bd6fd0a548_m.jpg

4045490353_73377cc11b_m.jpg

Thanks, Belakor! Those pictures are perfect. Now all I gotta do is find a place and time to work on the helmet.

Queen said:
Edit: I found a picture of the fan-made Daft Punk helmet wip~

3505797211_23092a8fd3.jpg

This guy is doing something similar to how I want to construct the EVA, except I'll be using some Pepakura under all that bondo, and I'm not going to use tinted PETG or whatever. I might just paint it like McFarlane's HellSpartan.

Hey man, thats my build!

Basically, I sculpted the entire thing, then made a mold of the helmet. After that, I pulled out a copy and cut the visor out of it to make the vac-form mold. This makes sure they're the same size. Make sure to account for material thickness as well when you're building it since the visor will be slightly larger than the mold you're pulling it from. I used PETG plastic. 1/16" seemed to form the best.

3837625668_35fe55e98f.jpg

3858558561_79fc26eea7.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that it was yours after finding your thread in here, DerKraken. :p I love it!

I'll take note of your suggestions when I get the chance to work on the EVA. Thanks, dude!

lol looks like i came a bit late but i took some

sorry i can't post them but now my laptop is another man down...get one back and get one down lol

My screenshots are in my bungie.net profile, primitive path

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back