EVERGLASS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got thisfiller
body filler with kevlar strands and stuff in it i was just wondering should i apply this to every part of my fiberglassed pep helmet or would this be extremely hard to do or should i just use it to fill in the cracks?

thanks
-potatoes

MaShEdPOTaToEs said:
i got thisfiller
body filler with kevlar strands and stuff in it i was just wondering should i apply this to every part of my fiberglassed pep helmet or would this be extremely hard to do or should i just use it to fill in the cracks?

thanks
-potatoes

Don't bother. That stuff is rubbish.

Last edited by a moderator:
It isn't really bad. its just hard to apply evenly and is hard as hell to sand. I made the mistake of using this stuff and it set me back by more then a week of pure sanding.
That meaning DONT use it for full apply at once.

xcxkeithxcx said:
It isn't really bad. its just hard to apply evenly and is hard as hell to sand. I made the mistake of using this stuff and it set me back by more then a week of pure sanding.

^^^^

It's great for auto repair on fiberglass pieces....when you have a large enough area to cover...like a quarter panel or door.
And a belt sander, LOL

Stick with regular bondo, or glaze.

MaShEdPOTaToEs said:
would it work if i applied tiny bits at a time?

Do you mean on the inside? If yes, then I'd say no. True fiberglass hardens about 10x harder than fiberglass bondo. Probably more actually.
You can flex the bondo to the point it cracks. You can't do the same with the fiberglass...unless you really try.

On the outside? Sure, but you're REALLY going to have a pita of a time sanding.
And you're not going to be able to put in the details you can with regular bondo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back