Excallibacca's Mark VI Build WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your helmet looks to be in scale with the torso to me. As long as you can't see your chin hanging out from under neath I would say leave it and proceed with the rest of the armor. Nice job by the way.:)

Your helmet looks to be in scale with the torso to me. As long as you can't see your chin hanging out from under neath I would say leave it and proceed with the rest of the armor. Nice job by the way.:)

My chin touches the inside and my skull touches the top. No room for padding at all, man. But thanks for the compliment!

I decided to use these boots for the armor.

IMG_4649.jpg

They're an old pair of Magnum Responses that i used for a Stargate offworld costume. I can't see buying a new pair to destroy, and I won't use my new Magnums I have for work in my warehouse. These ones have alot of cosmetic damage. Scuffed leather, torn nylon, need new laces badly. So, I think they are perfect for this build. Also, they are low-top boots. Measuring now for sizing. Lemme know what y'all think about them, please.

Also, these HD boot files are HUGE.

Im glad i read your thread!
I would have similar issues with the calves and my thighs maybe too.
im 6'1" and 250 lbs. I do medieval re-enactment where I wear full suits of heavy chain and heavy plate (real protection armor, thick and heavy)

Im glad i read your thread!
I would have similar issues with the calves and my thighs maybe too.
im 6'1" and 250 lbs. I do medieval re-enactment where I wear full suits of heavy chain and heavy plate (real protection armor, thick and heavy)

I haven't quite decided how to hash out the thighs, yet. I'm doing one more pep because after looking as some reference photos, Chief's thighs go up a bit above the hip joint. I'll let you know if that works at all and post some pics wearing it when done.

Ah that would be it. My Bad. I't looked like it was pulling to that side in the pic.

Whew, I feel better. I thought it fit beautifully and was confused. Haha, I just get worried about wasting time. Thanks for checking the thread out and your input, though. Even "maybe that's not right" can help to catch a potential problem and I consider each of the comments to make sure everything is good. Always better to eliminate problems early.

Boot! I think it is sized perfectly. On my first try. Lemme know what you think.

IMG_2591.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

IMG_4364.jpg

IMG_6581.jpg

IMG_8295.jpg

Added the shin there for comparison. Keep in mind, these are size 15's. LOL

Can we nickname you Jorge? or "5"
I only wear 12's....
are the boot covers naturally anatomically set for left and right sides?

I have hit a real impasse. I have made four right thighs now total. Width wise, they are not working at all. I am a weight lifter (huge leg muscles) and consequently, even though I am 6'4", they will be getting too long to wear if I make them any wider. Suggestions?

Hey man, I am a big guy and so I had large legs... I ran into this problem as well... If you can see in my pics on my armor, I had to do alot trimming, and will still have to to get it to be able to walk propperly. It fits well, but mine was way to long, so I just cut the bottom of it. Not sure if that helps or not, but I would rather have it long and trim and fit nice, than short tight and constricting.

Good work by the way!

Build is looking good man. Sizing of the boot looks spot on, and it looks proportional to the shin. I am currious how you work out the thigh problem, I have a friend who is 6'8" and we are hopefully going to be starting a build for him, so it may come in handy. lok forward to seeing your progress

Okay, haven't been on in a few days because I've been finishing up pepping for Sunday and Monday fiberglassing sessions. All day for two days with the help of two to three friends. I'm a lucky man. Codpiece is done but I didn't take pictures. No one wants to see me modeling a codpiece anyways, let's be honest.

We're going to try to smack out all the resining outside Sunday, and start insides Monday. I don't know if that time frame is doable, as I have never fiberglassed, but here's hoping.

Now to catch up on comments.

If I manage to get this done by the Halo: CE Anniversary launch, one of my three local Gamestops has offered to pay me for an appearance. SWEET!!

Can we nickname you Jorge? or "5"
I only wear 12's....
are the boot covers naturally anatomically set for left and right sides?

You can call me anything you want, homie. LOL

Lovin it. Can't wait to see more. Keep up the awesome work!

Thank you very much, sir. I'm getting incredibly picky about my work, so I love compliments. :)

Sizing looks great, along with the pep.

Thank you as well, sir. That means alot coming from you, I've seen some of your work and was awe-struck.

Hey man, I am a big guy and so I had large legs... I ran into this problem as well... If you can see in my pics on my armor, I had to do alot trimming, and will still have to to get it to be able to walk propperly. It fits well, but mine was way to long, so I just cut the bottom of it. Not sure if that helps or not, but I would rather have it long and trim and fit nice, than short tight and constricting.

Good work by the way!

Thank you for the compliment and the tip. I'm pretty picky about accuracy, so I'm going to play with foam for starters. I also found another pep file where the height to width and depth ratio is slightly larger than the file I was working with. Example: height on the first is, say, 380mm and depth is 200mm. This new file at a height of 380mm, the depth is 210mm. Might make a difference.

Build is looking good man. Sizing of the boot looks spot on, and it looks proportional to the shin. I am currious how you work out the thigh problem, I have a friend who is 6'8" and we are hopefully going to be starting a build for him, so it may come in handy. lok forward to seeing your progress

I'll certainly keep you updated. See the above quote for a starter.

Your build is looking great!
Your pepping cuts and glues are so clean, I'm jealous. The boots and shins are looking really good as well! I think thats what Ill be doing next (as soon as I figure out the thigh situation>.<)
Keep it up and keep posting progress ! :D

Your build is looking great!
Your pepping cuts and glues are so clean, I'm jealous. The boots and shins are looking really good as well! I think thats what Ill be doing next (as soon as I figure out the thigh situation>.<)
Keep it up and keep posting progress ! :D

Thank ya, ma'am. I cheat for the cutting and folding. I bought a CraftRobo, lol.

Deos the craftrobo print it and cut it? that thing looks so cool, and handy!

It cuts and scores. You print on a regular printer, load your page in a carrier, press a few buttons, and it takes off. Saves me several hours per piece.

In other news, I have THIS STUFF!

IMG_1968.jpg

Pictured: PVC coated safety gloves, 2 packs of 8 sq. ft. Fiberglass cloth (figure I need more, but not sure, can always make store runs), Fiberglass resin, two packs of new filters for respirators, and LOTS OF PAINT BRUSHES which were $.98 for 1" and $1.15 for 2".
Cost of pictured: Roughly $103 after taxes

Not pictured: safety glasses we already own and respirators we already own.

Awesome, I just made a store run to get bondo, foam and such, but its looking really good!

PS Jealous of the CraftRobo lol

Don't know if it will help, but I bought my glass and resin from a boat repair place, a local place that buys in bulk, and I got 12 square feet of cloth, 18 square feet of mat and a gallon of resin for $60. Just something to keep an eye out for.

so far all of this looks really good, im looking forward to seeing how all the hardening goes, good luck to ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back