Extra Life 2022 24 Hour Live Stream! November 5th is Game Day!

Which Stream Session would you like added to The People's Choice timeslot?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I put myself in for the first crafting hour, there werent any on deck positions left but if my foam doesnt arrive by friday like it should then I'll have to drop out.

1667420799937.png

Well on our way to Team Rank #405 (and higher)! Well done everyone, let's get the news out that we're kicking butt and it's not even Game Day yet!

A huge shoutout to Lukavago, MrJamin, Rock Lobbster and ZiggyGrimm for adding so many goodies into the pile of giveaways! This isn't all the things available, to find that out you'll need to tune in to the stream throughout the twenty five hours as secrets are revealed!

Attachments

• PrizeSupportLukavago.png
    PrizeSupportLukavago.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 97
  • PrizeSupportMrJamin.png
    PrizeSupportMrJamin.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 91
  • PrizeSupportRockLobbster.png
    PrizeSupportRockLobbster.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 104
  • PrizeSupportSkookumProps.png
    PrizeSupportSkookumProps.png
    3 MB · Views: 97
  • PrizeSupportZiggyGrimm.png
    PrizeSupportZiggyGrimm.png
    4 MB · Views: 98
Get ready to cheer because it's Extra Life Game Day and we at the 405th are getting ready to play Halo, live it and share our love of all things Halo to raise money to support children's hospitals.

Last year through the combined efforts of the community we managed to raise over $6000 USD to support multiple children's hospitals around the world and this year we're going to do our best to beat that number! Like last year our chosen hospital for the 405th Infantry Division is the Renown Children's Hospital in Nevada as a thank you to Art for hosting and managing the 405th forums that we call home. We've also opened the floor to all Regiment and Battalion staff to suggest hospitals local in each of the regions to also support if you'd prefer to help a location that's a little closer to home. If you'd like to donate to the cause or help spread the word that we're raising money create an Extra Life account and join our Team with the link below.

Excited to see what all we have in store for Game Day? Here's a preview at all the fun events we have in store for you! From classic Halo shooter action, to crafting, story telling and even slinging dice, we are celebrating the Halo Universe the best way we know how!
View attachment 324690
All type C and D 405th Members are welcome to join in the live broadcast and participate in the games, storytelling and crafting of the 25 hours (yes it's on North American Daylight Savings Time so we get a bonus hour) of Halo goodness on November 5th.

How to Watch
Everything will be live streamed on the 405th Twitch channel on November 5th! Set alerts on the schedule tab linked below!
www.twitch.tv/405thhalo

Want to Participate But Can't Find Time?
We understand that November can be a busy time and that matching schedules is a difficult task. Luckily there are multiple ways that you can still support the 405th effort during Extra Life!

Share the news far and wide, every little bit helps! The following image can be shared publicly with the hashtags #405thinfantry #buildyourcharacter #honorarmorunity #extralife2022
View attachment 324414

Make a donation to support the hospital in your Regiment or Battalion area! Every little bit helps!

Donate a prop, kit or other cool piece of Halo memorabilia to the prize pool of the event! Viewers love to have the chance to be rewarded for their time and donations with the chance to win exclusive prizes. Last year dozens of print kits and foam props were made by our members and mailed out to lucky winners.

Prize Donation Form
405th Extra Life Stream Prize Donation

How to Join the Live Stream and Expectations
Only Type B, C and D Members are available to register for live stream events, this rule is in place so that full members that are familiar with the 405th have priority in joining in on timeslots that they prefer. If you are close to meeting these requirements please reach out to your RMO so that we can create a plan to make sure you meet the prerequisites by game day.

As always 405th members are more than welcome to join in the fun for this stream we'll be controlling video and game chatter and cameras through Discord. For those unfamiliar with the Discord everything is sorted into convenient channels, the important ones for this event are #405th-gaming and the voice channel Stream Live Chat. #405th-gaming will have information such as the Steam and Windows Store names of party leaders pinned and easy to see as well as a list of the current game modes being set up. Stream Live Chat will be our dedicated stream channel with players sharing their screens for sake of switching on our stream, if you'd still like to play with the group but do not want your voice or screen shared MCC Party will be available. To access this voice channel please make sure you include your name on the sign up sheet (linked Google sheet) and join the Discord with a name matching that of your forum account at least twelve hours before the Game Day stream commences so that permissions can be given to your account that grant you access to the voice channel

Session Sign Up Sheet
Extra Life Stream Session Sign Up

Discord Server Invite

To promote a good quality stream we require that all participants have stable internet (to limit audio cutout), a headset (no echo) and minimal background noise (nobody likes to listen to Dremels on stream). If you're participating in an event that has face cameras or your workspace please consider the lighting and background that you have in view.

Since this is a charity event for a children's hospital we're going to be strict on the PG-13 nature of the stream so everyone be on your best behaviour and stow the colourful language that's reserved for a higher rating. Accidents happen but cursing on stream multiple times will result in your audio being muted and your removal from stream if it persists.

Signing up on Extra Life
A helpful PDF guide has also been created to make creating an account, joining teams as well as reactivating old accounts and changing teams as straightforward as possible.

Vote for The People's Choice
The number one goal of the Stream Team is to keep viewers and streamers entertained and although we always play our favourite games, sometimes we want to spice things up even more and let the people at home decide what chaos we're going through. At the top of this post we have a poll of six options, you have one week to pick your favourite to be added to the Game Day roster!
  1. Halo Trivia Power Hour (Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy)
  2. Playing Halo Incorrectly (non-standard controllers and odd control schemes)
  3. Halo Wars 3v3 Team Fight
  4. Book Club!
  5. Spartan Ops (Halo 4 Fireteam)
  6. Halo themed Golf games
Going to be very cool, shared on my social pages to spread the word!

Well done 405th! After another amazing 25 hour stream full of friendship, laughs and positivity to help the kids we've closed out the stream raising an astounding $4265 for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across the world and our team finished in the top 8% of groups!

ExtraLifeTotal.png
I'm so proud of all of you who donated to the cause in various ways to help children either through sharing the word of our efforts, spending time on stream being a beacon of 405th goodness or direct donations to hospitals. Every bit of support helped make this year such a success and further showed what we can achieve as a community to help others.

Donations are still able to be made to the Extra Life cause through to the end of the year so if you're just finding this now, don't feel like you missed out on the possibility to make a difference.

As always behind the monumental number raised there's a team who helped in any way they were able to and without your help we would never have been able to pull this off. I'd like to thank Angus314, ArcSol, Benton188, CplYapFlip, Crusader1080, Emp Frosty, Fallen, indigoD0g, Jerverant, KaeSpoon, Lukavago, MrJamin, MyrHerder, NewBrody, NobleofDeath16, ODCA, PerniciousDuke, PlanetAlexander, Rock Lobbster, Schankerz, Spidermonkey60, SquishyShoes, SoleofDeath, SubXzeroXhero tahu505, TurboCharizard, Wayward Flood, WolfsParadise5, xXDashIVXx, ZeroSerenity, ZettaiKagerou, ZiggyGrimm for all their efforts. Get some rest everyone, you deserve it!

I highly recommend taking a look through the clips and highlights of the day. As always the 405th community members when showing their passion always produces heartwarming results and comedy gold.

<3 Turbo

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who contributed! Luckily I had you guys to keep me company when I was bed ridden yesterday. Even though I wasn't able to give it all my energy, it was still fun to be a... Dubbo dubber.

Last edited:
Thank you to everyone who contributed! Luckily I had you guys to keep me company when I was bed ridden yesterday. Even though I wasn't able to give it all my energy, it was still fun to be a... Dubbo dubber.
Having the real Chips Dubbo, Flood Hunter was a real treat! Thank you for jumping in even though you were feeling unwell!

Well done 405th! After another amazing 25 hour stream full of friendship, laughs and positivity to help the kids we've closed out the stream raising an astounding $4265 for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals across the world and our team finished in the top 8% of groups!

Thank you, Turbo! I'm always a fan of watching you work and this year was no exception! I really liked the increased stream quality with our overlays and transitions. I can't imagine how much preparation went into this whole thing. You made us proud!

Thank you, Turbo! I'm always a fan of watching you work and this year was no exception! I really liked the increased stream quality with our overlays and transitions. I can't imagine how much preparation went into this whole thing. You made us proud!
That's the handiwork of ZiggyGrimm which I cannot take credit for in the slightest.

I always love this event, it seems to bring everyone back together to all enjoy an absolute mayhem of a day for a good cause. Every year we walk away from it going "that was amazing, how can we do more?" With 2022 hitting some people like a truck from an isekai anime it warms my heart that we're able to spread some joy in what seems like a pretty sucky year.
Only 362 days to Extra Life 2023!

Last edited:
I’m going to take a few weeks then start prepping for next year! Toes to the moon 2023! It is always so much fun playing and doing this with y’all. You’re a great group of people and I’m so glad I have this group in my life!

Did you guys see some of the clips that have been saved or the highlights on Twitch? I've been rewatching the broadcast to find highlights and totally not lose my mind while working on other stuff.

Bonus fact because I don't think we ever explained it, Halo 3 ODST is just Dante's Inferno and Evangelion is so much biblical allegory so we did the crossover nobody asked for. What will we do next year to increase the level of cursed content? Don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back