Fallout Armor Pep Files + References

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I posted in this post, I'm pulling my pep files made with models that aren't my creation. The Fallout 3 stuff is still up but I'll probably remove it in a couple of days so if you're after something grab it now before they're gone.

I'm going to be starting work on my own set of combat armour for next year in the near future so keep an eye out for those new and improved files when I'm done :D

Tyvern said:
Dude could you please convert it to a .pdo so that i can make the piece and I don't know what a .ace file is

It's WinAce's own compression file I guess, I thought I had saved it as .Zip Grr.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a better hellfire helmet unfold, if anobody cares. Here. The pieces outside the pages are the caps and tubes things that go through the helmet and cause much trouble when building the hel(l)met. Better to scratch build them after you're done with the basic design.

Bombowy Kurczak said:

I could give it a try, since I was working on something similar a couple of days ago, but I can't promice you anything. My connection is more unstable as bird that flies in the storm, although in that case, the bird is mentally unstable.

EDIT: Stupid megaupload! I never trusted that stupid site. Sorry Bombowy, but I can't download your file. You could try e-mailing it to me.

You people wanna see this?!

gallery_19878_2199_44764.jpg

I know I should edit my previous post, but that way the would get buried again, and you wouldn't be able to get the unfolded helmet.

Midwestern BOS helmet from "fallout" tactics. Model made by Tony the Wookie from the nexus forums. I really did a messy job on this one, so let me know if you make one.

gallery_19878_2074_64008.jpg

Bombowy Kurczak said:
Great! I'm waiting. I found it here and i cut and modified helmet from this. Thanks for help mate!

I'm almost done cutting. Expect the file tommorow, if all goes well. I downloaded the mod some time ago. Found it on the fallout3nexus.com. Perhaps the author would like to know. I'll give him credit when I'm done. Can you separate the armor into body parts?

It'll probably take one more day. I couldn't decide on the size, so I took a screenshot and used the character's upper body as a size reference. I set my size as the character's size (but I'm 1,80 and my back is broad, so the helmet might come out a bit big) and used it to measure the helmet's size. Note that thehelmet's size in the pic is in cm.

gallery_19878_2074_70690.jpg

Bump to get the post up. Aaaand to tell you people I'm done. Get your classic advanced power armor helmet right here! Credit to my brother for putting the pieces in the pages, and Bombowy Kurczak for removing the pipes. If you want the armor, then all you have to do is separate it, and in (long) time I'll unfold it.

Well, seeing as I can't be bothered to find out why I can't start a topic (I'm a new member btw (in case you didn't notice), I am just going to post this here as it is relevant.

I am currently halfway through my school holidays, and had decided to start a suit of T-45d armour as a holiday project.

I have already started and just read the pepping guides here this morning after I've already finished pepping and reinforcing :(

I realise now that my first mistake was printing on A4 paper: firstly, the file was in letter format, but I did not scale it to fit so I think it was fine; and secondly I have printed it on paper and not card stock which would have been easier.

So as a result of this it is a bit misshapen.

gallery_21543_2211_65065.jpg

But not to fear! I have used papier mache (made with PVA glue for extra strength) to reinforce it and better shape it

gallery_21543_2211_300638.jpg

Sure it looks a bit dented and beat up, but what would you expect from something used to fight super mutants every day?

Or it could be some sort of variant on the standard armour or something.

The true reason for posting is opinions on what I should do next.

Fiberglassing the inside is out as it barely fits on my head with my glasses on (maybe some thin foam reinforcement?).

I was considering painting the thing over with PVA glue to give it a plasticy finish, but I could also resin it (which would probably be better).

Admittedly this is not as good as roadwarrior's T-45d, but this is my first pepakura build (definitely not the easiest thing I could have done).

P.S. Damn it! why do I always do ridiculously long posts on forums which take me an hour to type?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back