Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, a Warthog announcement! After a lot of discussion, it has been decided that Props Studios will no longer be participating in the project. No work has been carried out since the last update, and they are refunding us some of the money put into the project to take it away and complete it elsewhere. As of Monday 20th July, the vehicle will be moving to a new location, which we will hopefully be able to complete it from.

Dan, who was the project lead at Props Studios and has done the vast majority of work on the project to date, will hopefully be continuing work on the vehicle from its new location. We remain hopeful that the vehicle will see completion before the release of ODST.

Just thought I'd let you all know. :)

Peter Cooper said:
So, a Warthog announcement! After a lot of discussion, it has been decided that Props Studios will no longer be participating in the project. No work has been carried out since the last update, and they are refunding us some of the money put into the project to take it away and complete it elsewhere. As of Monday 20th July, the vehicle will be moving to a new location, which we will hopefully be able to complete it from.

Dan, who was working on it with Props Studios, will hopefully be continuing work on the vehicle from its new location. We remain hopeful that the vehicle will see completion before the release of ODST.

Just thought I'd let you all know. :)

will the drop of props studio affect the film date/quality? i hope not.

Last edited by a moderator:
charles said:
will the drop of props studio affect the film date/quality? i hope not.

It shouldn't do. It's one of a number of projects, and regardless, it should be done by the time of filming. The only real concern for me is the added expense of building a new crew to finish the vehicle off.

Peter Cooper said:
Today, we received a lovely package from DogWizard - we haz a hammer! Photos when I get home and rip that box open! :)

GREAT! I'm glad it made it all the way across the pond - can't wait to see some pics!

Sorry for the lack of photos - ended up at a press screening of Harry Potter last night!

As far as prop submissions go, no, we are not accepting them. The primary reason would be a lack of universality with the props, as well as varying quality levels. With only a few exceptions, our props are being made in-house by our prop team.

So, I spent all of yesterday relocating the Warthog. I have now parted ways with Props Studios, and Gumtree 4x4 (the original vehicle suppliers) were kind enough to get the vehicle on a trailer and drive it down to its new home in Portsmouth.

It was an early start - up at 6:30AM, away by 7:30AM. Rode the motorway until I got into the deep Brighton countryside, and promptly got lost with every turn I made. The vehicle itself had been put in storage with a local storage provider, R.S. Hawketts, who were situated in the same industrial complex. After getting copies of all the photographs Props Studios had taken in the past of the vehicle, and sorted out the various paperwork, it was off to the storage area to take it out for inspection.

This was the first time I'd seen the vehicle in real life and, as anyone will attest to when they see me (and it) together, I was absolutely giddy. My own Warthog! Right in front of me! Heeee. It was too much to bear.

2afxt8m.jpg

We got the vehicle out of its shelter and loaded it up onto the trailer. Interesting seeing the 'hog being trailered by the vehicle it used to be - another A-Registration 1983 Land Rover Defender 110.

11bkgvd.jpg

It's now in hiding with some friends in Portsmouth, and with any luck, Daniel will be able to get it wrapped up in time for ODST. We'll be visiting the hog in 2 weeks time to work out an action plan and see what we can manage.

Het Peter,

Any change we going to see you, or anything at the London Expo? It would be a great for some publicity for you and the movie!

falcon NL said:
Het Peter,

Any change we going to see you, or anything at the London Expo? It would be a great for some publicity for you and the movie!

We are indeed hoping to have a presence at the October London Expo.

The Warthog is looking more and more like the one from the game. Paint a little darker in green, add a few lights and a turret, and it shouldn't be far from it

donutman123 said:
The Warthog is looking more and more like the one from the game. Paint a little darker in green, add a few lights and a turret, and it shouldn't be far from it

It's great, isn't it? :D And it's only going to get better!

Another announcement - an interview has appeared on Halo.fr, so for those of you who speak French, this will hopefully be of interest! :)

took me a while but i went through all the pages, love the progress i really hope things come together in the end! i would love to see this!

also, i could play a grunt, lol i'm a measly little 5 footer XD

but alas i couldn't get anywhere near you, we be far far away, lulz

kep up the great work!

Nice hog, it's looking awesomesauce. The green you're using looks a little... bright, but who cares. Like donutman said, just add a turret, lights, and make the green darker, though I want to add in that you need different tires also.

EDIT: Also, if the film is set in Argentina, doesn't that mean you need a rainforest of some sort? Or are you hoping that by 2553, everything's been slash/burned? lol

Bloodl3tt3r said:
Nice hog, it's looking awesomesauce. The green you're using looks a little... bright, but who cares. Like donutman said, just add a turret, lights, and make the green darker, though I want to add in that you need different tires also.

EDIT: Also, if the film is set in Argentina, doesn't that mean you need a rainforest of some sort? Or are you hoping that by 2553, everything's been slash/burned? lol

The Hog is far from finished - it is unpainted, that is simply sealant resin with some dye. The final paint job will be much much darker!

From what I understand, the ecology and climate of Southern Argentina is not all too dissimilar to certain parts of Britain. As such, our use of Welsh terrain and chunks of British woodland, along with careful use of matte paintings, will hopefully suffice for a suspension of disbelief.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back