Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummed? But why?! D:

Recent events include:

- SMG and magnums being about a week from completion. It's just a case of fitting in that one week, you know?

- Biiig purchase of pouches, belts and webbing for the Marine armour sets, and prototype production Marine vest 2 is being manufactured as we speak.

- Hopefully going to see our Marine helmets completed in the next fortnight. Fingers crossed.

- New script draft plodding along. Again, hope to see it done within the next fortnight.

My real concern right now is that funds are really starting to get tight. With recent Warthog panic and other things going on, it's been a massive drain on resources, which has only been exascerbated by the possibility that I may lose my current day job due to the company's financial problems. :/

I dont know if its a possibility, but why not try to sell a couple of smg, magnum kits? That would mean a couple of buck for other things?

falcon NL said:
I dont know if its a possibility, but why not try to sell a couple of smg, magnum kits? That would mean a couple of buck for other things?

I was kind of hoping not to sell kits, mainly because of the possibility of recast prior to completion of the film. Any guns we sold, if we were to do it, I would only want to release upon completion of the film's shooting so that the sale of the guns supports the film in the most direct way possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
lookin awsome!

I hope you dont mind me asking, but what are you gonna use for the glass? Are you actually gonna use glass or some kind of plastic?

beecho98 said:
lookin awsome!

I hope you dont mind me asking, but what are you gonna use for the glass? Are you actually gonna use glass or some kind of plastic?

This has yet to be decided. I am hopeful for plexiglass though.

What would be interesting to see is if, I mean when, this film is a success financially, if you were able to shoot a movie based off of the leaked Alex Garland Halo script that never got past the goons at Microsoft. I read it the other day, and I must say, it would make quite a good movie. Hell, I'd fly over to help with that. That would show Hollywood :D

macktheknife said:
What would be interesting to see is if, I mean when, this film is a success financially, if you were able to shoot a movie based off of the leaked Alex Garland Halo script that never got past the goons at Microsoft. I read it the other day, and I must say, it would make quite a good movie. Hell, I'd fly over to help with that. That would show Hollywood :D

Personally, I did not much like the Garland script - it would make a pretty good movie but it wouldn't be Halo, to me. Losing Johnson was one step too far for me. There's no reason why he had to be cut. If I were to do the Garland script it would need some heavy rewrites.

Peter Cooper said:
Personally, I did not much like the Garland script - it would make a pretty good movie but it wouldn't be Halo, to me. Losing Johnson was one step too far for me. There's no reason why he had to be cut. If I were to do the Garland script it would need some heavy rewrites.

I'm sure he could easily be worked in there.

Hey guys :)

Just thought I'd report in about this week's Operation Chastity fundraising drive. I've been selling all manner of personal belongings (as well as receiving donated items) for the sake of freeing up extra funds for the films. It wasn't much really - lots of militaria, a few old books and manuals and things. Didn't think I would get much.

Boy was I surprised! So far this week we've raised $1100, through both sales of random stuff and website donations, and the figure is continually rising! $3000 looks like a real possibility by the end of the weekend. Frankly, I'm shocked.

So I just wanted to say thank you to anyone here who might have donated or bought items in the For Sale thread. You're all awesome. :3

Pete

Another thing about gun kit sales, I'm not sure Bungie/Microsoft would be cool with it, i.e. lawsuits.

At least, I'm sure Microsoft would sue.

Microsoft wouldnt sue at all.

They would not bring down a fan project which will be made available for free for everyone.

In the best scenario, they will see it like some free advertisement for one of their biggest franchise especially when Steven Spielberg annonced having read Beatties script and having discussion with MS.

As for selling weapons kits, since when they have proof?

If ever they send a Cease and Desist, first, it would simply state that the producer ends up producing and selling the object.

Which Im sure Peter can easily do.

We are not talking of a 1,000+ items for sales, and its not a production run either. As far as I know, only one guy has been sued and it for the Star Wars Franchise when maybe hundreds of armors were produced and sold from the original sculptor of the in-movie armor. Which is a violation of the accord that was made between him and LucasArts.

So if you are hired by Microsoft and you start selling off the net, then beware, but otherwise, just sell a couple for the community.

Now, dont put shadows on this beautiful project, and Pete, I cant wait to be back from my cruise to make some news on Halofr for some improvements :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back