Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must say that I don't like the green on the Warthog. A more greyish green would look better. Everything else is perfect.

MstrMarine said:
I must say that I don't like the green on the Warthog. A more greyish green would look better. Everything else is perfect.

That isn't paint. That's sealing resin.

Last edited by a moderator:
broccoli said:
pete how about you sell a mass produce patch that has the core symbol and everything

In the past, I've sent production-made patches to people who donated.

Pete, I've been reading this forum for a while now and your progress has been exceptional! Turning a boxish car into a warthog is a challenging feat. I check out your website and you have something that most likely will make you famous. Congratulations and good luck.

-Echo_Spartan13

Seems somebody tipped off Joystiq about OC - result is OC is all over the internet, and I've been buried under a ton of emails. Awesome, but daunting. I blame Stephen Spielberg entirely.

Peter Cooper said:
Seems somebody tipped off Joystiq about OC - result is OC is all over the internet, and I've been buried under a ton of emails. Awesome, but daunting. I blame Stephen Spielberg entirely.

i got a feeling this fan film will be a hell of alot better then any spielberg halo film. Keep up the good work mate cant wait to see this film, is gona be a beauty!

Still thinking of shooting digital?

Super 16 can look surprisingly cinema-quality--almost like 35mm with some good color correction in post...plus the cameras can be picked up pretty cheap on ebay.

Yeah, this'll be better than the Spielberg movie with Beattie's script... tbh I'm not at all impressed with Beattie's stuff. I watched GI Joe, and (this might just be the nerd in me) I found it terrible due to the massive amount of movie cliches and BS'd tech/sci in there.

They had icebergs SINKING. And sure there was steel in the ice, but there wasn't near enough to make ice sink.

So i'm not sure I trust Beattie with a scifi-genre movie such as Halo, I think half of GI Joe was just him trying to emulate Star Wars and failing hard.

So, Pete, go kick Hollywood's asses.

Thanks for the support, gang. :D

Ronster, we're still sticking with digital. We've yet to settle on a camera to film on, but digital is definitely the format we want to go down.

It will be visual effects. Originally, provision was to be made for blank firing weapons, however this was discussed and later discarded.

Yogi-Ben said:
peter did u get my pm about needing extras or anything?

Hiya, thought I'd replied.

We'll be doing casting much nearer the time for extras - the extras call will certainly be mentioned here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back