Feasibility of MAC Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrUeKiLa

So I'm not sure how much anyone knows about this topic but I'm curious. Do you think as a Species we have the ability to create MAC guns on the ground or even further Orbital Defense Platforms? I know a couple years back the U.S Navy debuted the first "Rail Gun" but wasnt ready to by mounted on anything. To my knowledge MAC guns are more similar to Coilguns.

To tack on to that if we are Capable of MACs are far are we from Continuous Space Flight?

Once we'll solve the heating problem with better material sciences to stop the rail system from buckling after a few shots.

Yes, very very likely.

Whats not to love about how we humans just love throwing rocks since the dawn of time, now we can throw em pass the sound barrier & soon a fraction of light speed. :lol:

Once we'll solve the heating problem with better material sciences to stop the rail system from buckling after a few shots.

Yes, very very likely.

Whats not to love about how we humans just love throwing rocks since the dawn of time, now we can throw em pass the sound barrier & soon a fraction of light speed. :lol:

What's not to love about a Super MAC gutting a Capital Ship. Just saying maybe we should focus on that instead of Wars on our Planet and stuff.

With the railgun technology, not only be used as a tool for war but for logistics & transport. Put stuff in a capsule to ship it to a another planet in the solar system, shoot it out of orbit & let gravity do the rest. This is far more cost effective for interplanetary deliver service than using ships going back & fourth.

With the railgun technology, not only be used as a tool for war but for logistics & transport. Put stuff in a capsule to ship it to a another planet in the solar system, shoot it out of orbit & let gravity do the rest. This is far more cost effective for interplanetary deliver service than using ships going back & fourth.

Unfortunately there isnt the cooperation required on the Planetary level to make any of this possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back