Female Mjolnir-6 Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan137

Well, it seems we finally have an idea on what a (somewhat) cannon version of female MJOLNIR armor would look like. Of course, "The Package" has been out for a while. I just noticed it now.

SpartansLegends.jpg

Take a look at Ms. 087 at the end of the row. Definite flaring at the bottom of the chest plate to accommodate for her physique.

To be honest, I'm disappointed. I always assumed that female S-IIs wore armor that was the exact same as their male counterparts. "The Babysitter"'s Cal-141 and Halo Wars' Alice-130 both wore Mk-IV armor that betrayed no gender.

In this instance, I'm going to call this artistic license on the part of Shinji Aramaki. I personally doubt that female S-IIs would receive different armor.

I'm thinking the same. Maybe the other chicks were body builder types, and this one had a little more of an over endowment. Looks fine to me. ;)

@Adam Anderson

They'd have the same armor for the same reason the the US Army and Marines don't issue female troops w/ fitted gear. Its just not cost effective, and doesn't really make an ounce of difference, save comfort. And it isn't like the armed forces would change a set of protective gear for mere comfort. Kevlar gets up above 110 degress, doesn't breath, and holds sweat like a water balloon.

@Southpaw_Jim && The Swedish Chief

Heh, I'd agree with both of you if this wasn't Kelly-087 we were talking about. Kelly was (if I remember correctly) the smallest of the SPARTAN-IIs. I think she, if any of them, would have been flat chested.

Maybe the augmentation procedures cacel the developing of breasts, and/or the spartans have been trained so hard to a level, where breasts do not develop at all to females.(this really happens, look at sportswomans if you won't believe me)

My thinking, not meant to be an offence to anyone.

JustMe

Southpaw_Jim said:
I'm thinking the same. Maybe the other chicks were body builder types, and this one had a little more of an over endowment. Looks fine to me. ;)

you do have a point, but as for the rest of her armor, wasn't she wearing EVA? doesn't that mean she had no need to exercise as much due to the fact that EVA is a null-gravity Spartan suit, (space suit for astronauts) no gravity, no mass :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol.

Do we really need to make a big fuss over this 'Space Bra'?

She got a bit more metal in the chassy, so what.

I say she looks great, lol.

-Pony

Well, she was wearing some EVA gear, and for all we know the extra bulk in the chest plate could be for purely practical reasons, perhaps containing some extra equipment that the other Spartans do not have.

Of course, as said it could just be artistic license. They do need some way to make each Spartan in this short visually distinct.

I say it's the old Japanese mantra: BOOBIES!

The Japanese love breasts, and more power to them. Let it be. It's just artistic license, and, well, I'm not complaining. It makes a character who's only ever been slightly feminized throughout the entirety of the series just a touch more feminine. For example, Kal's voice immediately followed by flowing, white hair was the only thing that betrayed her gender, but it did it well. I welcome it, personally.

And, if you want to justify it, each MJOLNIR was custom-built, because each SPARTAN was a different size, due to genetic predisposition and reaction to modification. Rabbit Kelly is small, Jack-of-all-trades Chief John is medium, and one of the Gray Team members was big, though I can't remember if it's Jai or Mike. Custom construction, I guess, could allow for such, uh, design cues. MJOLNIR was never about cost-effective, you know.

Halo Legends is full of bull$#!T and un-canon.

I would be more considered about the fact that there is a "FAT" and not just a little fat, but an "OBESE PIG" in the row with the spartans.

Not to mention that none of them have standart issue military haircuts as described in the novels and the Halo: reach trailer.

Have you noticed that Dr. Halsey looks younger then the Spartans? When she is their "Mother" sort of to say.

Halo Legends is just a Microsoft rip-off, it has not even been mentioned once on the Bungie news, wonder why?

I have all sorts of crazy Halo stuff on my shelfs, this dvd/blu-ray is not going to be a part of it.

Kodorei said:
Halo Legends is full of bull$#!T and un-canon.

I would be more considered about the fact that there is a "FAT" and not just a little fat, but an "OBESE PIG" in the row with the spartans.

Not to mention that none of them have standart issue military haircuts as described in the novels and the Halo: reach trailer.

Have you noticed that Dr. Halsey looks younger then the Spartans? When she is their "Mother" sort of to say.

Halo Legends is just a Microsoft rip-off, it has not even been mentioned once on the Bungie news, wonder why?

I have all sorts of crazy Halo stuff on my shelfs, this dvd/blu-ray is not going to be a part of it.

Obviously you've never hung out around any spec ops guys. Non-regulation haircuts are part of the territory in many units, depending on where they are. I've also met some really big dudes in the military. They're the ones you see toting around machine guns and other heavy stuff. Chill out, dude.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:
Obviously you've never hung out around any spec ops guys. Non-regulation haircuts are part of the territory in many units, depending on where they are. I've also met some really big dudes in the military. They're the ones you see toting around machine guns and other heavy stuff. Chill out, dude.

The novels describe them with standart issue haircuts. And Bungie made them "wear" them on the reach trailer too.

Halo legends should not be taken for "canon" story as it breaks so much of the storyline.

UNSC_Leatherneck said:

The sad thing is, there is no way a Spartan could even conceivably be overweight. They way they were made,and the fact they are almost constantly on the frontlines or in cryosleep, pretty much guarantees they cant be fat from A )The constant workout from battle/cryo-stasis and B ) Food is scarce when fighting.

Zendric said:
The sad thing is, there is no way a Spartan could even conceivably be overweight. They way they were made,and the fact they are almost constantly on the frontlines or in cryosleep, pretty much guarantees they cant be fat from A )The constant workout from battle/cryo-stasis and B ) Food is scarce when fighting.

And they never seem to have their helmets off for more than the beginning and ending cut scene. :)

In space, no one can hear you scream, but it shouldn't stop the growth of estrogen even if she's a geneticly augmented-steroid-pumping spartian.

Concerning the "fat" guy, some people get seriously buffed out but they still have fat on their face or just a round-looking face altogether because of bone structure.

And as for the different armour for females? Non-regulation haircuts?

It's one thing to describe them as all exactly the same in a book; you're awareness is 100% on the characters and environment so it doesn't matter how they look, you can't actually see them. They're defined moreso by the actions they do in the book and all written stuff but on screen, you NEED to differentiate between all the characters so you can relate to them better. With the fast pace of the action happening on screen, you think the general audience will be able to differentiate if all of the spartans are wearing exactly the same armour in the same green and the only difference is a red or white stripe on their arm? Not likely.

For example, look at any sci-fi movie or show where they have to wear a helmet but the events are character driven or focused: they have helmets or some sort of head apparatus that has a CLEAR visor, that's so you can see their face so you KNOW who it is. Plus, artistic license of course comes into play. Anyone who's had a part in any sort of art knows that when you do a piece of work based off something, you don't wanna just copy and paste; it's all about putting your own spin on it (much like people do with their armour on this site).

jareyes said:
Concerning the "fat" guy, some people get seriously buffed out but they still have fat on their face or just a round-looking face altogether because of bone structure.

[..............................]

Spartans have been trained since they where 6, their only purpose was to train them for figting and war. Their fat % is almost 0

If you watched th reach trailer the charecters do have differing facial details from one another, one even has a bionic arm.

Now that is the stuff that should personolise a spartan, not 5 feet hair.

Master Chief is THE most powerful modern day video game charecter. He doesnt even have to have that "red stripe" on his armor, but he is still a very personal and a powerful mind. You dont need to add "pearls" to make someone pretty.

---

I know that there will be artistic perspection, and it's okay to some degree. But seriously, Spartans wearing bras is like a sith wearing a pink lightsaber... If you catch what I'm saying?

Dr. Halsey cant look like 20 if the Spartans are and look like 30, that doesnt make any sense.

She should be 60 years old (date of birth 2492), that event was propably around 2540-2450

Halo Legends has gone too far, with both the story and the "artistic perspective".

I'm sorry that I'm flaming, it has nothing to do with anyone, Halo is seriously a big deal for me in my life, i have been a Bungie fan for over 10 years and played Halo since 2001... Halo Legends just makes me feel bad and I hope you guys can understand that I have nothing against you, but the series itself. It has been a huge dissapointement.

Conclusion:

Bungie, "Dont make us kick your ass" you guys rock!!!

Microsoft, your rich enough, WHY?!

I am told that all female Spartans wear the standard suits, which makes sense, since they are engineered from a young age to develop more efficient 'male' figures.

guys remember what they said in the beginning when legends wasnt released yet.

Each episode of Halo legends is done by a diffrent animation team/company. They intended to show other people vision on the concept.

So ofcourse it breaks the normal storyline etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back