fiberglass help

Status
Not open for further replies.
im making a CQB helm and i was wondering how heat resistant the fiberglass resin is or resin with the cloth is. i have a idea to resin the visor piece and heat up some hard plastic or a visor from a shop and bend the plastic around it to make a visor that will fit perfectly.

SPARTAN-033 said:
im making a CQB helm and i was wondering how heat resistant the fiberglass resin is or resin with the cloth is. i have a idea to resin the visor piece and heat up some hard plastic or a visor from a shop and bend the plastic around it to make a visor that will fit perfectly.
it could work tho if u press the hot visor over it for too long it might start to burn the pep bit. if its going to work id say u have to do it in stages but ive never done this before so dont take my word on it

Last edited by a moderator:
Only a heat gun would work, fiberglass and resin can take up some serious heat, I'd justuse real super thin plastic so it shows detail from the helmet, if you used thicker plastic it would make the helmet rounded with no detail, just the shape, and carving plastic is impossible.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back