Fiberglass Tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondo

Jr Member
So everybody knows that when you put the fiberglass mat on your piece its sticky and you waste time. The resin often dries in that time. Get a can of spray adhesive ($5-$7). Then when you are ready to fiberglass spray the fiber glass mat, and I mean the actual mat and stick it to your piece. Then go over it all with resin and you dont have to worry about sticking your mat on while fiberglassing. If you have any questions on what I mean ask me.

Bondo said:
So everybody knows that when you put the fiberglass mat on your piece its sticky and you waste time. The resin often dries in that time. Get a can of spray adhesive ($5-$7). Then when you are ready to fiberglass spray the fiber glass mat, and I mean the actual mat and stick it to your piece. Then go over it all with resin and you dont have to worry about sticking your mat on while fiberglassing. If you have any questions on what I mean ask me.

oh wow never even thought of that

very nice thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually have a really easy way for having the "pre-emptive" stickyness.

I do a single layer of resin along the inside of the piece (after my 2 to 3 coats on the outside), but I don't wait for it to fully cure before I start my fiberglassing. So that way, the pieces just get stuck in there right where I want them and I resin over them. Do that for the next layer and bam, super strength.

I found this out when I was fiberglassing a piece and was really impatient.

this is a good tip, I was really worried about wasting time and resin with the conventional method

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back