fiberglassing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xT3T0x

hi im new here im about to start fiberglassing the inside of my helmet and am wondering if you need more than one layer of fiberglass or if one layer will be enough. if someone could help that would be great :)

I have only 1 layer of cloth, but I add extra resin on top of my layer to increase strength and save cloth. Although I recommend 2 layers for key parts such as the chest assembly and maybe the boots...prettymuch any part that you know is going to take the most punishment.

Alternatively, I've heard recommendations for using fiberglass MAT on the inside of each part to dramatically increase strength and duribility. I'll most likely do that before its all over.

But to answer the question - 1 layer's fine, but 2 is better...if you have a fat budget like I don't. :cautious:

-JF

James Falcon said:
I have only 1 layer of cloth, but I add extra resin on top of my layer to increase strength and save cloth. Although I recommend 2 layers for key parts such as the chest assembly and maybe the boots...prettymuch any part that you know is going to take the most punishment.

Alternatively, I've heard recommendations for using fiberglass MAT on the inside of each part to dramatically increase strength and duribility. I'll most likely do that before its all over.

But to answer the question - 1 layer's fine, but 2 is better...if you have a fat budget like I don't. :cautious:

-JF

wow people actually answered my question thank you guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back