FidLock Snap -- Another way to attach armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimus

Hey all!

After doing some research I found a magnetic locking mechanism that I want to try out for my new armor build. I'm hoping this is an easy and clean method of attaching armor and taking it off, potentially making your armor customize-able for certain bits. Though I haven't tried it yet, I have just found a place in the U.S. that sells the product.

The product is FidLock Snap magnets:
fidlock.jpg

The magnet pops in, but you can only detach it by sliding it out of the "U" shape in one direction. They have a lot of different products but I thought I'd share this in case any of you were interested!

WBC Industries gave me this quote/info for the specific item #s I requested:

FL - 05600 SNAP female L screw
Price: $2.44 each

FL - 05007 SNAP male L screw low
Price: $1.85 each

They come in a pack of 2, so you would have to order at least 2 female and 2 male. Contact by phone or email and it seems like they can get your info and ship it to you. Shipping minimum is $12.40, which is much cheaper for anyone living in the U.S. than the international places that sell these.

If interested:
WBC's #: 1-800-818-2932
Their website to contact them: Contact Us | WBC Industries
Fidlock has a catalog of items that you can search through for their specific Item # if you are looking for something else, the ones I chose are just an example!

Hope this was helpful or informative! If you have any questions let me know, I can try to answer.

-Mortimus

This sounds like a smoother version of what I did for armor(to undersuit)! I used regular snap fasteners though. This might be great for armor customizing though you're right.

This sounds like a smoother version of what I did for armor(to undersuit)! I used regular snap fasteners though. This might be great for armor customizing though you're right.
I thought it might be awesome for customizing, just hope I'm right hahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back