Finding the printer I need. (Offline?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so I have 200 dollars at my disposal for my entire project, I want to keep my printer at about 80 bucks if that is cool. I need to know if anyone here has a printer that they LOVE that they got from a retail store such as Wal-Mart, Office Max/Depot, Best Buy, etc, etc. Also it must be able to print either A4 or CardStock, preferably A4 or both.

If you got one you like please tell me the model name and provide a link, if you cannot provide a link, the model name will do just swell, and throw in a picture if possible. It really does help.

Thanks in advanced guys! :love:

Guys, I am very sorry for the bump, this is just urgent, I am picking up my printer tommorow. I know some people here have a printer they just :love:.

Please let this bump slip mods. Thanks in advanced :lol:

What ever you do don't buy a Dell printer. I did and it sucks!!!! Now that it's older than one year it only works when it wants to.... Grrrrrrrr

As with anything Canon, their printers are pretty decent as well.
And just like Evil Femle said; stay away from Dell printers, as they require special cartridges that cost more, just like good 'ol Lexmark.

A lot of printers these days aren't made very good. But so far I've had luck with an HP D4160. Once upon a time Epsons were the best but the last one I bought was horrible =\

Vexona said:
A lot of printers these days aren't made very good. But so far I've had luck with an HP D4160. Once upon a time Epsons were the best but the last one I bought was horrible =\

HP is currently the leading "printer producer" in the world as well, soo...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hp is my best, I have owned tons of printers in my life, probably 15-20 printers, all broke or were sold, except my Hp's they never let me down, never had them jam, break, or act funny.

AoBfrost said:
Hp is my best, I have owned tons of printers in my life, probably 15-20 printers, all broke or were sold, except my Hp's they never let me down, never had them jam, break, or act funny.
Care to give me the model name of one that you have printed A4 or Cardpost on?

What about Vexona could you post yours as well? If all goes well I should get mine today in a few hours.

Sikarian said:
I bought this printer:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5715445
It's FANTASTIC for the price. Feeds cardstock without a hitch, prints very well even with just the color cartridge.

plus cheap!

Thanks, this is good too because all that separates my house and Wal-Mart is a ditch in my backyard.
Also does it feed the 110 cardstock?

Sikarian said:
That's what wives are for!

ba-dum TSHH
Mmyes, but can your wife make pancakes and print out cardstock at the same time? Hmm?

Mobeus said:
Mmyes, but can your wife make pancakes and print out cardstock at the same time? Hmm?
Well I loaded paper into my friend, where I thought it should go.

Lets just say we aren't friends anymore. :mad:

Stay on topic, the point is, you have 200 dollars, want a good cheap printer, I reccomend the one I posted or some others people posted, we all use them and they work fine, so base on how much you want to spend, buy a good one, that is cheap and worthwhile.

AoBfrost said:
Stay on topic, the point is, you have 200 dollars, want a good cheap printer, I reccomend the one I posted or some others people posted, we all use them and they work fine, so base on how much you want to spend, buy a good one, that is cheap and worthwhile.
Yeah, I will prolly pick up the 80 dollar one.

I really doubt you will spend over 120 dollars for the "standard" pepakura armor, which is 2-3 cans of resin, 3-4 sheets of fiberglass cloth and 3-4 cans of paint, It depends on what paint you use also, some is expensive, some is cheap, some expensive ones look good, while some cheaper ones look just as good.

AoBfrost said:
I really doubt you will spend over 120 dollars for the "standard" pepakura armor, which is 2-3 cans of resin, 3-4 sheets of fiberglass cloth and 3-4 cans of paint, It depends on what paint you use also, some is expensive, some is cheap, some expensive ones look good, while some cheaper ones look just as good.
I plan on using Adam's painting and battleworn technique along with the same color. Oregano. It should be interesting on Halo 1 pep armor.

We ran out of ink in our old printer, so we went out to but a new cartridge... Only to find out it costed 50 bucks. Later, We bought a brand new HP printer for $30. Pretty Good if i say so myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back