Finished. Keegan's SRS99D Sniper Rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan

Well, I was bored so I was looking in my closet and saw this airsoft gun and I immedialty though SNIPER! Well, heres the finished product. The pictures arent what it really looks like. The flash made it like, white. So I didnt use flash so I had to go with this and it doesnt really show the major detail. But I hope you get the main message.

IMG_1451.jpg

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1434.jpg

IMG_1435.jpg

IMG_1436_2.jpg

Keegan said:
Well, I was bored so I was looking in my closet and saw this airsoft gun and I immedialty though SNIPER! Well, heres the start. I got the base done so far, just needs detailing and paint
dude that is so cool how did you make it, let me guess cardboard and hot glue gun

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, a couple things:

The magazine is far too small front-to-back.

EEK! did you glue a dowel in the barrel? If the Airsoft gun is still workable, you should use a pipe for the barrel. How awesome would that be?

Oh, and resize your pictures. It's nice and all, but I had to wait about 30 seconds for the picture to load.

Unique Name said:
Looks good, a couple things:

The magazine is far too small front-to-back.

EEK! did you glue a dowel in the barrel? If the Airsoft gun is still workable, you should use a pipe for the barrel. How awesome would that be?

Oh, and resize your pictures. It's nice and all, but I had to wait about 30 seconds for the picture to load.
Oh well, little things that arent that noticed, just that your picky, :p I did glue a dowel down the barrel becuase the gun didnt work.
Well, Ill have some new pics up in a few minutes. Ready to paint. ( I think )

Keegan said:
Nah Im sick of those resin fumes, probably never going to resin until summer.

It's a great attempt for the materials you're working with, but as people have pointed out, a lot of it is out of proportion and/or crooked.

Well, when I started to paint the cardboard, it didnt turn out the best so I got 12 little 5x3x3 (LxWxH) wooden boxes so I am going to put cut those out with the scroll saw and put them ovedr the cardboard. This will make it much more smoother, stronger and less crooked (Vrogy ). Finished with the wood. Its looking good...

It was like a $30 cheapo Wal-MArt airsoft I had when I was a kid. It was a machiney gunny type but I dont know the class, sorry. BTW, Ill have an update (All donez) in the first post soon.

Maybe, but who knows, but it is very similar to your (or Wrigleys, not sure) BR, I bet it was the same one.

My BR isn't an airsoft gun. It's a blaster rifle toy, like this one:

[attachment=2674:Battle_Rifle_start.jpg]

looks nice

looks like a mini version

little short but still nice.

o and you should use epoxy putty around the base of the dowel to keep it straighter (thats what she said lollolololol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back