Finished Pepakura MA5C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here it is! It took me about 4 days of on-and-off work. All exacto cuts were done freehand (Thats my style. Pure Ninja).
The pics are CRAP b/c it was done with my phone in the dark. Will be replaced with good pics tomorrow.

PROPS AND THANKS TO ROBOGENISIS FOR THE PEP FILE
Heres a link to his file: MA5C Pepakura Assault Rifle

[attachment=1820:1121070125.jpg]

HELP IT WILL ONLY LET ME PUT UP ONE PIC. THEY"RES NO WAY ONE PIC IS THAT BIG!!!!

I could NEVER do that, I dont have the patience to do a puzzle such a pepkura for any longer than 10 minutes.

I guess thats why I like to improvise alot...
Hmm...

Well, good work, just slap on a clay barrel, mag-light flashlight and some LED ammo counter, and you'll be done.

Yay! You finished! I'm so happy. :D It looks great too!

Just for the people who don't know how to read sigs, or use the "search" tool, HERE's the link to the file.

Thanks!!
I'm gonna resin the outside twice, cut in half, fiberglass inside, epoxy halves back together, use plastic and glaze to detail, paint, TIME TO PLAY SLAYER!!!

Master Chef said:
Thanks!!
I'm gonna resin the outside twice, cut in half, fiberglass inside, epoxy halves back together, use plastic and glaze to detail, paint, TIME TO PLAY SLAYER!!!

awesome. I'll watch your progress and try it out for myself upon your completion. Keep me updated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome! I plan on using this model when the time comes. Looks great assembled. Keep this thread updated so we can see what you're doing!

And as for your picture uploads, could it be your upload limit? If you've still got trouble, try PhotoBucket, ImageShack, Flickr, any of those. They're all free.

Master Chef said:
HELP IT WILL ONLY LET ME PUT UP ONE PIC. THEY"RES NO WAY ONE PIC IS THAT BIG!!!!
Master Chef said:
Thanks! Can anyone help me with my pic problem? Mods?

Is that the attachment thing? I believe that 4MB or whatever limit is for all your photos combined. If you have 2, 2MB images, in 2 separate posts, it still counts towards your max.
I always use photobucket to avoid that problem.

Thanks for the photo help! I signed up for photobucket anyway yesterday for my Myspace, so I'm going to upload the pics that way. Thanks!

Master Chef said:
No you would RESIN the outside just enough to make it stiff enough to cut well, then cut in half and fiberglass INSIDE.

major props to you man, that looks fantastic. I dont think i could sit their and actually build that, i heard its a major b**** to assemble.
anyway good job on the AR. :p

sounds like what im planning on but when you put the two halves together again what do you use and will it keep it together no matter what like it never was cut in the first place?

It's lookin good, Chef, keep up the good work!

Can't wait to see it after some detailing... :D

Good Luck!

~Epyon

looks freakin sweet! i got the files and everything, but i was wonderin what i need to scale it to? keep it the same or make it the scale of my suit? and same for the pistol file of his

tbail1989 said:
major props to you man, that looks fantastic. I dont think i could sit their and actually build that, i heard its a major b**** to assemble.
anyway good job on the AR. :p

crackhead09 said:
sounds like what im planning on but when you put the two halves together again what do you use and will it keep it together no matter what like it never was cut in the first place?

thisismadness2 said:
woah looks rly good 200 posts woot

silvershadow said:
looks freakin sweet! i got the files and everything, but i was wondering what i need to scale it to? keep it the same or make it the scale of my suit? and same for the pistol file of his

Tbail, It was actually easier than Slyfo's MK VI that I made, but that helmet is almost directly ripped from the game.
Crackhead, not sure on exactly what you meant but use would use a VERY STRONG two part epoxy (it comes in the dual syringe thing) and you would clamp tham together. When your done, it is basically one piece. Just sand down the leaked glue. And congrats on 200 posts!

Silver shadow, unless you are over 6' 3" ft I think it will look FINE. Although, depending on what pistol file you downloaded, you might want to scale it down. Some are game size which is...gigundaneormous. It is hand-cannon size.
I'm 5'9 and the AR looks/feels just right, and as for the grip (front grip. the trigger area is perfecto for all), I have BIG hands so the little ones her might want to scale it down a tid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back