First Armor build WIP thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
the HAZOP looks perfect, the operator looks a little warped at the chin, and this is the first HAZOP build i've seen :D keep up the good work!

I say keep. Nothing a little bondo and a weekend of sanding can't fix. Love the build. Keep up the awesome work!

Howdy, folks, just about to start fiberglassing the remaining pieces of armor and strengthening the other pieces. Had a birthday party yesterday, and I got a year of xboxlive so I'm going to be able to play Reach online now. I found the Reach CQB helmet the other day, so if the HAZOP helmet doesn't fit, I have a backup plan. Wish me luck, guys.

Wow dude I haven't checked your progress in a while but dang it's looking good! I'm excited to see this finished in the coming months.

IMG_8589.jpg

IMG_8588.jpg

IMG_8587.jpg

IMG_8586.jpg

IMG_8585.jpg

IMG_8584.jpg

IMG_8583.jpg

IMG_8582.jpg

IMG_8581.jpg

IMG_8580.jpg

IMG_8579.jpg

IMG_8578.jpg

IMG_8577.jpg

IMG_8576.jpg

update 08/27/2011 2:00 pm

You're moving along at a great pace. I can't wait to see how you go about detailing you're pieces.

Back, buddies, I've been sanding so I haven't been able to take many pictures or get on the computer much.
I've sanded both helmets, a forearm, both handplates, both knees and a shin piece.
pictures soon.

I sanded everything and I ordered a flight suit from a surplus website.
I should get it Monday and I'll get some straps and materials for the Grenade Launcher.
I cut out the visors for both the helmets and they look perfect if I do say so myself.
I'm gonna start on pepping the CQB helmet.
pictures soon.

Back in time for Halloween!

I've finished pepping and fiberglassing all remaining pieces, bondoed, sanded and primed all of them. I will be assembling later today and tomorrow. I will begin painting in a few minutes. My computer has been broken so I'm sorry about my tardiness. I took these pictures with my phone and everything is much better than expected for my first armor.

CIMG0013.jpg

CIMG0012.jpg

CIMG0011.jpg
CIMG0010.jpg
CIMG0009.jpg
CIMG0008.jpg
CIMG0007.jpg
CIMG0006.jpg
CIMG0005.jpg
CIMG0004.jpg
CIMG0003.jpg

Status