First helmet build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

remption

http://s1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc496/redemption2731/?action=view&current=helm.jpg

It's a pepped build of a model of Kat's helmet, model done by Sniperbaas and unfolded by Jason02. Took 1.5 days. It wasn't exactly identical to Kat's Air Assault helmet, or a perfect unfolding job, but they were pretty dang good so I tried em out cuz I'd had the file sitting on my laptop for forevs. It was a rush job, so I know it's not the best, but it was going to be a test piece for a new fabrication process I'm working on. My little sister loves it tho, so I might just let her have it; get us a new member ;D. She did some of the cuts (with scissors :/) and tab folding, so more flaws, but it was worth it for time's sake.

As for the new fabrication process, well, it's a secret until I get it to work, which will hopefully be within the next week (finishing up building the tools today n tomorrow). Actually, I posted about it on here a long time ago, but never had the time to try it. But even more hopefully, I'll have an old Mark hand-plate I'd Pepped forever ago done this way within the next 3 days. You guys will love it, if it works ;D

Yeah, but any tips and comments are appreciated. Thanks for looking!

I think its good for a first build. Wayyyyyyy better than mine when i was 10 XP. can we have other angles on it so we can see if theres any warpage or anything? a tip from me would be to never rush. i think that even though the model isnt exact, not rushing could make the model ALOT better. like on the picture i see alot of tabs on the outside which can cause some mishaping because in pepakura, the model doesnt apply for the thickness of the paper so it has to be on a flat surface, if you switch the tabs around, some parts would be pushed out or something. (its hard to explain) but yeah... its actually a GREAT start.

Yeah, I'm usually slow and methodical with builds, but the kid wanted results, and I wanted a scaling model for future helmets. More pics on the way... camera died after I uploaded the first :/ Still have to find the charger...
But thanks! I didn't know the bit about the tabs. Should help on future projects :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back