first MC build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mebbitts

Member DIN
S065
Thanks to the 405th for all the help. I took a lot of advise from the threads and watched many video tutorials, you guys rock.This was my first build, but not the last. I did this for a Halloween Party and it took about 5 weeks ( well over 100 hours) to complete and there are a few things I will change on the next one. I made it into the party about 20 feet before I was swarmed by Halo fans wanting a picture. The rifle is a br55 (modified NERF LONGSHOT) for Halo 3, the visor was from a single side mask due to the company I ordered the gold bubble shield from sent me a super dark and in dim light I was blind. This was a fun build and I believe I have a new hobby. Oh and the best part was when I won the contest (thanks again 405th) they asked me to reviel who I was and the faces of the crowd when they saw a 50 year old in Halo M/C armor was priceless. this is not just for the young, its for the young at heart....
031.JPG032.JPG 032.JPG (238
jpg.gif
.1 KB)

Attachments

• jpg.gif
    jpg.gif
    183 bytes · Views: 95
Hey man, that's actually really good looking! What material did you make it out of, and what did you use to finish the exterior? It's not the most detailed ever but all of the parts look very well built and very cleanly shaped. Your torso looks like it's all one piece, which seems like it'd be hard to move in to me. Also out of curiousity, what's up with the reflective-foil looking stuff on the sides of your body suit?

And 50? That's nothing but a number, man, we can all be young at heart. I'm stoked to see that costuming is a hobby that knows no bounds.

Nice Job! Got the first build jitters out and now.....you see all the 405th gold here and it makes you want to start another and build a better model huh! LOL I feel ya. Great job! keep it up!

thanks for the positive comments. the armor is all 1/2" EVA foam with Plasti-dip coating and Krylon olive green flat camo paint. the chest piece is separate from the cod piece and the "foil looking side pieces are the camo print on my Rockie Mtn. second skin, I forgot about the under layer and pulled from some of my hunting gear..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back